Hybrid's 06 PSM STi

Hybrid

Hi all,

Thought I would make a journal on my MY06 WRX STi to share the car with everyone and also allow me to keep track of everything :)

I bought the car a bit over a year and a half ago, I am the second owner of the car with the original owner buying it a few years ago from across the country (Sydney, Australia). He unfortunately had bad luck with it with the ringlands failing on the stock cast pistons which appears to be a common problem on the EJ257, and the engine was rebuild with forged pistons by a very reputable Subaru tuner here in Australia (S&J Automotive).

Anyway with a small one on the way they had to get a family car, so this is where I came in.

I bought it back in October 2013 with 49,000 miles on the clock, but with the new engine only 20,000 miles. He had already done a few upgrades including an ECUTEK tune which was a good saving for myself.

My plan with this car is to use as many OEM upgrade parts (STi, STi Group N) as possible to improve the car to how I feel it should have left the factory. Lots of the parts that are not STi were on the car when I bought it.

Here are the current details and some pics :)

2006 Premium Silver Metallic STi

Engine/Tuning
CP Forged Pistons
500hp In Tank Fuel Pump
Cosworth Panel Filter
ECUTEK Stage 3 Tune
3" Stainless TBE

Suspension/Chassis
STi Pink Springs
STi FHI Carbon Fibre Front Strut Brace
STi Rear Strut Brace
Whiteline Front Adjustable Sway Bar
Whiteline Rear Adjustable Sway Bar
Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit

Transmission/Driveline
Exedy HD Clutch

Wheels/Tyres
STi Forged BBS 18x8.5J
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Braking
Factory Brembo Calipers
DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors
EBC Yellow Stuff Pads

Interior
STi S204 Interior Trim
Pioneer Touchscreen Head Unit

24cgr5v.jpg

9hmn9w.jpg

2vtabo1.jpg

2rgkp3s.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Subscribed. ?

Hybrid

The first mod I did was an S204 interior conversion kit from Japanparts. I will take an after pic tomorrow :)

I believe this trim kit also came on the USDM 07 STi Limited.

Here is the original WRX trim

2gudz4z.jpg

New S204 trim in OEM plastics

ev0v7n.jpg

Quick old vs. new

14jaghz.jpg

Hybrid

So this happened :)

Genuine STi S203 BBS rims from Japan. They are diamond black in colour, however I will likely change the colour in the future to diamond silver. The rims have a bit of rash I need to get repaired.

5ujo2g.jpg

25qu5xt.jpg

ivejon.jpg