JuanSTI 06

JuanSTI

so just ordered the water pump and timing belt kit and the full gasket and seal kit. should be in sometime next week and my friend can get started on taking it apart.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
so just ordered the water pump and timing belt kit and the full gasket and seal kit. should be in sometime next week and my friend can get started on taking it apart.

From who?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
water pump and timing belt kit from fcpimport and gasket kit from jscspeed

Next time check with our Vendors. Members get great pricing.

JuanSTI

well actually i havent gotten the full gasket and seal kit yet i was about to get it from jsc speed but who are the vendors?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
well actually i havent gotten the full gasket and seal kit yet i was about to get it from jsc speed but who are the vendors?

Scroll down the forum and you'll see Vendors forum. If you need any help just let me know.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
ok thanks

No problem. You should also check out our "Sponsor" membership. You'll get a free t-shirt, sticker, live chat, e-tune, avatar, hosting, plus tons more. Its only $45 for the year. Click the banner at the top of the forum. :)

Last edited:

JuanSTI

so my friend took the engine apart and he's gona find out how much it is to get the heads done and he also wants to send the block to get checked. he also needs to delete the tgv's, he has the cam sensors already, need spark plugs, turbo inlet pipe silicone of course, and fix the little damage the flywheel has. there was water going in through the head gaskets so i got the head gasket and seal kit. got the water pump kit also so now just waiting for money so i can get a tmic, clutch, brake kit, motor and trani mounts and headers. well i think thats all i need for now and of course i have a bigger turbo, intake, fuel pump, injectors, man boost cont. and after i get it all done i will tune it so hopefully it all goes good.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Thats a big list!

I just looked at the begining of your journal and didnt see many details.

What happened with the engine originally? Why dont you already have a TMIC, or are you just upgrading. Same with the clutch, headers, etc... are they all just getting upgraded? If so, with which ones?

Also, which brake kit are you going to go with?

I like details!

JuanSTI

so i blew my head gaskets and turbo at the same time but at first i just thought it was the turbo so i bought a used one for 100 and then that one went out right away. i mean i wouldn't drive my car for to long. i guess the used turbo dropped its nut and was hitting the turbine. so i got a brand new tomei arms m7960 and it worked fine but now that i was able to drive it for a longer period of time it was heating up so i took it to my friend. at this time since i thought it was just the turbo i had already bought the intake, man boost cont. injectors and fuel pump just what i needed to drive it and of course i was gonna tune it so then my friend tells me its heating up and eating the coolant so he figures out its the head gaskets. and i also had a check engine light which was the cam sensors. he wanted me to get all that other stuff cuz it will be easier to install and that way i wouldnt have to be paying for a tune every time i got something for it.

im looking at the process west or amr tmic.
stoptech brke kit
beatrush motor and trani mount
exedy stage 2 clutch
the tomei expreme unql headers
perrin turbo inlet pipe
beatrush pitch stop mount

Grinder34

Track Monkey
yikes.

Sounds like you'll have a nice build.

I'm also looking at a stoptech. Do you know which one you're thinking of getting? ST-40, ST-60? What size rotors?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Ah. Nice.

Well as a plug to our vendors, try a "request a price quote" or PM them directly. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the prices you can get from them. And it helps keep the site going! They can probably beat that RSD price.