lost clutch

scoobieroo

So last night i was driving in a neighborhood and suddenly car dies and i lost the clutch.. it was hard starting to get it off the road..when releasing pedal to engage 1st gear it wants to die again and squeals.. would any one have any idea what it could be or have experiance simmilar probs.. keep in mind i do have a carbonetics tripple plate clutch setup.. thank you for the imput

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How many miles is on the clutch?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sounds like a pressure plate.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What is it doing now?

scoobieroo

Well it started easier this morning but when i depress pedal its squealy on top of the normal like marbles sound of a twin disc or triple plate.. havent really messed with it kind nervous to cause further damage...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Or a throw out bearing.

Somethings not right.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] what did your clutch do?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Squealing sounds like a bearing, but I'm not sure. Mine? I welded the clutch and flywheel together. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If it's only when he lets off the clutch pedal that it dies, it wouldn't be the pressure plate, would it?

We have seen some strange things, but it shouldn't be. We think more of a bearing.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

scoobieroo

Well its things that i can start to think about while it sits in the drive way ..and have a buddy of mine look at it.. thanks for all the ideas

rmagssubaru

Squeling noise sounds like a throw out bearing but as far as it dying when you release the clutch pedal, does it act like a brake is sticking?

scoobieroo

Its weird cause its not doing it any more.. but squeals like hell.. my buddy said its throw out.. and i would guess hes right seems how he builds jet boats that exceed 1200+ hp and every thing in between