Mathew Noble Marker: World Record Atempt: Longest Subaru Parade

over 250 pre-reg..

Leelanau State Park has about 25 spots left, 32$ for Fri-Sun without the state park pass (22 with) no showers, only porta Johns...

Departing at 5:15am eastern time Sunday. Little changes I made past couple of weeks are gonna make for a fun drive there, during and back Sunday. Pray that it will be a safe drive with plenty of grin factor when I meet the caravan. Extremely glad I made the decision to make it happen. Good cause, expecting good people and an even better drive. Upstate Michigan is gorgeous!

I had an absolute B L A S T - hard to find words to describe this event. Here is a quote from Amanda.

Amanda RalyGrl Skelly

OFFICIAL UPDATE: There were 358 cars that registered... 2 imposters that were taken care of... 356 cars that started across the line with one dropping out due to clutch issues. 355 officially crossed the finish line. We will be sending in the video/photos and paperwork in the next couple of weeks and will hear from Guinness if they accept our record attempt in 4-6 weeks after our submission. Will keep you all posted. The gaps between cars is a concern, but number wise... we crushed it... Next time around let's go big! *536* in honor of Matthews first rally car # ;)

This was the largest Subaru gathering I've attended in my nine years of owning the car. Met some great people, drove over 730 ish miles in a day(have not done that in a while). Was visually reminded of the majestic beauty of northern Michigan and was able to do it very "fast" and safely. Lucille performed flawlessly during the long day. As the afterglow dwindles I'll try and post links to images and shaky in-car video I took. Oh and track pads don't like being cold.

Screenshot-2012-08-14_13.20.10.jpg

Screenshot-2012-08-14_13.20.30.jpg

Can you post this image on the FB ^ page? I totally missed it. Link to page where tons of images and video's are appearing as we speak.

https://www.facebook.com/dalex.butl...640/204013479729822/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

HI everyone! I came across this forum when I was searching for a news article about Matt. I am Matt's Mom. Thank you so much Aaron for posting our attempt to break the World Record Subaru's on parade in honor of Matt. Matt's sister Kali thought this up. it started out kind of slow then bang!! She is one special girl. Please seek me out and introduce your selves. I should be easy to spot. The lady with the tears. I will be one of the people wearing a memorial shirt or hoodie. (there will be a few of those though). Everyone in Elk Rapids is friendly so please don't be shy. Michelle

Hi Matt's mom, thanks for having us. I speak for myself here, I had a great time in your city even though I was there for just Sunday. Sorry to hear about Matt, but I think we all did him proud this past weekend. Look forward to more events in your area and maybe I'll attend a rally (not a big fan of the dirt) I'm a tarmac kinda guy.

OFFICIAL UPDATE: There were 358 cars that registered... 2 imposters that were taken care of... 356 cars that started across the line with one dropping out due to clutch issues. 355 officially crossed the finish line. We will be sending in the video/photos and paperwork in the next couple of weeks and will hear from Guinness if they accept our record attempt in 4-6 weeks after our submission. Will keep you all posted. The gaps between cars is a concern, but number wise... we crushed it... Next time around let's go big! *536* in honor of Matthews first rally car # ;)

476242_10151167435722158_949180712_o-1.jpg