Mounts

I installed a set of Torque Solutions Engine mounts that I purchased through Fast Tuning Products, Inc. My question is what benefit will I see out of doing the pitch stop mount and the transmission mount?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
The same as why you upgraded the engine mounts.
To control the driveline better. The factory pitch stop is plastic and breaks frequently. The trans mount is soft and makes for sloppy shifts. Obviously you know what happens to factory motor mounts.
Under extreme cases, sloppy mounts can cause chassis dynamic changes and changes to the handling of the car.
A regain of power with new mounts is also possible. (Power gets lost in squishy rubbery things like mounts. It allows for the power to be directed on where it should go)
Imagine your engine twisting to the side when you apply throttle. Your trans is attached to that. Now imagine when your engine torques to the side, your trans follows.

But wouldn't the stiff motor mounts stop the engine from moving side to side? Maybe not having the stiffer pitch stop mount and trans mount puts more stress on the new motor mounts but what would the pitch stop mount add to what the engine mount is already doing? And can the trans move that much when the motor is planted so well now and should not move side to side. Will replacing the trans mount stop the 1st to 2nd gear grind when going WOT?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I used to miss the upshift into 3rd gear quite a bit, when shifting from redline. Now that I have the
pitch stop and tranny mounts, I have no problems.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
My motor mounts are still factory. When I rebuild the motor, Group N motor mounts are going in.

ZachTTLM

The motor mounts do tighten things up, however there is still movement that can be reduced by upgrading the pitch stop mount and transmission during spirited driving and track use. Think of it this way, the motor mounts are at the bottom of the motor all the wait up top when you really land on it, there is still going to be some pitching just because of the top heaviness. Upgrade the pitch stop mount which is mounted further up on the engine and that will be reduced even more. The Tranmission mount upgrade will improve shifting and reduce drivetrain movement.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Choose carefully the mounts, pitch stop, etc. you buy, because there can be a big difference between
each manufacturer/model when it comes to noise, vibration, harshness introduced. The stiffer each piece
is, the more NVH you'll add. That being said, I tried to read as many reviews on different pitch, tranny, motor
mounts before I purchased, and ended up getting all Group N stuff. They're considerably stiffer than factory,
but designed to be closer to the factory feel and noise levels than other steel and urethane constructions.

If my car was strictly driven on the track, I'd have put mounts in that are even stiffer than the Group N pieces
but I DD the car and appreciate some comfort and reasonable noise levels.