my 2016 sti

b054223206d05a4644506d89f7c9655c.jpg

Didn't think that thru hahaha I have 2 flat 4 decals on the front might have to change that badge

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Doesn't look bad.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Waiting for some goodies... Oh the wait! ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Where did you get wheel spacers at?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh that sucks.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What made you come up with 8MM for spacers?

Bc thous wheels tighten all the way down just hit the front brakes so 1/4in should be plenty to clear brakes

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Never seen any that size.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
All my wheel spacer knowledge comes from the BMW world, but I don't see any reason the principals shouldn't apply (just some actual numbers)

Be careful with mid-sized spacers. With ~5mm, the hub has enough lip to still keep the hubcentric nature. If you start going in the 6-12 mm range, there's not enough hub lip (or no hub lip) actually contacting the wheel, and it will not be hub centric. The biggest problem with this is the shimmy that can occur when the wheel is even SLIGHTLY off center (which can/will happen). If you go in the 12+ mm range, the spacers start to be able to include their own hubcentric lip.

Now, there may be lip extensions that fit inside the hub lip and extend it that way. A quick google search, however, did not turn anything up.

See how the spacers jump quite radically in thickness from the first two to the third? That has to do with the lip hub/centeric thing.
eibach_wheel-spacers_title.jpg

And here are the extenders sitting inside the spacer with no lip. You can see why they CANT put a lip on medium-sized spacers. Where the lip would have to go, there's already the bitty piece of the hub there!
DSC_2624.jpg

I'm afraid if I go with a thicker spacer I'll have to do flares which is no big deal I'll just wide body it. But I kno a 1/4 thick is plenty for the rim not to hit the front brakes. But I didn't even think of that lip I'll try to see if I can find a way.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Adding just a bit of camber can really help avoid flares.

If your wheel is 18" and the tire is lets say 3" per side of thickness, that gives you a radius of 12". THen, with 3 deg of camber, there's about .63" of tuck at the top.