Needs moar low.

Hello everyone, I drive a 2011 hatch and am looking to purchase coils this summer. I've been doing my research like a good little boy but seem to be at a standstill. I want to slam my car. I'm looking to go at least 3.5" down from stock but can't seem to find any information on how to be that low. before anyone comes in and tells me that it's stupid or impractical I don't care. I'm not tracking it and I don't have the time for autox. So I'm going to slam it. I've been in contact with bc racing and the most extreme drop they offer is 3". any help is appreciated.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Racecomp makes some lowering camber plates. They'll net you drop on top of coils. I'm not sure they're GR compatible though.

Rce says they have the lowering camber plates for gr's "in the works". I'm having trouble finding rear camber plates in general. lowering or not

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well, you could try for some double-height adjustable coilovers. These are usually meant for serious competition use, so probably not cheap.

Something like this:

Picture 009.jpg

R3V

Don't spend the money on nice coilovers. Buy BC's because once it's slammed it won't ride any nicer than the BC's will allow anyway. Those or fortune 500's since they both go very low. You'll also need:

Whiteline Roll center kit
ALK
Whiteline rear adjustable toe arm
Cusco control arms

You're looking at ridiculous camber and silly small tires. Do you plan on doing wide wheels too?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Do the fortune's go lower than 3" from stock? That was the problem with the BCs he mentioned. He wants "at least 3.5" down from stock" and BC only gives a max of 3.

R3V

Do the fortune's go lower than 3" from stock? That was the problem with the BCs he mentioned. He wants "at least 3.5" down from stock" and BC only gives a max of 3.

Ah missed that. 3.5 lower? The whole geometry of the car is going to be fucked. Why not just bag it? At least then you can raise it back up when you need to drive on something other than perfectly flat roads.

OP: Consider a drop similar to this:

5763929532_286349f113_o.jpg

5827072004_6e8a151da2_o.jpg

5827072576_76816104fd_o.jpg

Don't spend the money on nice coilovers. Buy BC's because once it's slammed it won't ride any nicer than the BC's will allow anyway. Those or fortune 500's since they both go very low. You'll also need:

Whiteline Roll center kit
ALK
Whiteline rear adjustable toe arm
Cusco control arms

You're looking at ridiculous camber and silly small tires. Do you plan on doing wide wheels too?

I will be getting camber plates and spacers so I will not be running much camber as I think un-functional camber is stupid (in non vip situations of course) I'm sticking with the bbs stockers for now. But will be going for brotiforms eventually.

The fortunes do go lower/ride nicer then the bc's. There was a thread about it on NASIOC.

Car will handle like crap. So long as you know it will ride like a paint shaker and will turn like a school bus, good luck.
I know I'll be taking performance losses, but I'm not tracking the car so it doesn't bother me.

Ah missed that. 3.5 lower? The whole geometry of the car is going to be fucked. Why not just bag it? At least then you can raise it back up when you need to drive on something other than perfectly flat roads.

OP: Consider a drop similar to this:

5763929532_286349f113_o.jpg

5827072004_6e8a151da2_o.jpg

5827072576_76816104fd_o.jpg

Clean setup! I'm sure I will get bags eventually, I want to stay static for a little while.

This made me laugh. I'm not a fan of the whole "hellaflush" thing. Just low.

R3V

I have a review of the 500's in the part review section, feel free to peruse it. My only gripe is the brake line brackets, which has since been remedied. Good luck, and post photos!

After R3V told me about some of the bag setups, I was actually not as opposed.

Butt posted over Tapatalk
Fuji I'm not opposed to bags, I'm almost positive I will be going that route when I get brotiforms :)

I have a review of the 500's in the part review section, feel free to peruse it. My only gripe is the brake line brackets, which has since been remedied. Good luck, and post photos!

I have also dabbled in that thread, do you have a write up on the brake line bracket remedy? My car is a picture whore, the most pictures will be posted!

R3V

I have also dabbled in that thread, do you have a write up on the brake line bracket remedy? My car is a picture whore, the most pictures will be posted!

Nope, I just modified the existing brackets. It actually doesn't matter now because if you ordered them new, they'd come with the new brackets.

Following up with this thread. I've gotten my fortunes and have them installed. The only problems I ran into on the (second) install was a faulty torque wrench ripped the threads off the nut on the top bolt holding the strut to the knuckle. I ordered the whiteline front camber bolts and rear camber bushings. They got delivered next day(go Jordan) and are getting installed tonight. Hopefully I can get everything settled and adjusted and get an alignment. Right now I'm about an inch lower then stock -1r and -.5 front and tonight I'm going to lower it about an inch. Tomorrow (pay day!) I'm going to order the anti lift kit. and get it aligned. The only coil related question I have is the dampening adj. I cannot get the rear damper adj to 'click'.