New from Texas. *Pic Heavy*

Laztug

I picked up my first subaru, and I have yet to enjoy a ride in the car. :tard:

Last edited:
You think the Mustang is a cop magnet just you wait :lol:. Factory STi struts are pink in color If you are looking to upgrade you really should check out the vendors section on the forums. Welcome to the team by the way you are going to like it here. By the sounds of it you might what to get the car on a lift and go though it top to bottom with a fine tooth comb. Check all the fluids IE engine, transmission/center dif and rear end, I would change engine oil just to be on the safe side and a little peace of mind. Then check bushings and for damaged or missing parts if you have any questions ask away you will not get flamed at IGOTASTi for asking questions.

Get a journal going and lots of pics! get some good pics of the engine bay so we can let you know if the previous owner installed something retarded.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Re: New from Texas.

Welcome to the team. I wonder why people cut their springs?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
New from Texas.

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! Please more pics of the STi!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Something isn't right with the TMIC. Strange.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome.

Struts "appear" to be factory STi. Springs look to be aftermarket and either cut, as you stated, or heated and then slammed.

Intercooler part number search turned up a Swedish salvage yard selling this from wrecked Foresters. They even had pics of the Foresters they pulled them from.

Yes, you are missing the air box intake ram.

If I were to venture a guess, I would say the previous owner had other parts on this car and parted it out prior to sale. Then put on whatever he found and put it up for sale.

A thorough exam would be in order.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Welcome in! Looks like a nice little project you have there. :) Our vendors can definitely hook you up. Give a shout if you need any assistance at all with anything!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Oak Leaf Salvage (a vendor on here) has given me a good price on OE parts in the past. I'd try to PM them and see what they can do for you.

Sorry the car's turning into a project!

ICY STi

Oak Leaf should defiantly be able to hook you up with what you need to make this car a joy to ride as a DD.

Laztug

*Project update*

I contacted Cygnus performance for more info on the kit and they were a big help. I will be placing my order with them by the end of the week.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Should be some good weather for it tomorrow! Give us updates and some reviews!

Start up a member's journal!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Who did you buy them from?