New to the site. I have 3 Subarus (well, 2 and a half)

goodknight

Hi,

Will keep the intro post short and sweet. I've been smitten with Subarus since Gran Turismo 1 on Playstation came out.

Currently I have:

02 WRX PSM (daily)
05 STi WRB (weekend)
00 Impreza 2.5RS SRP (project)

The quick mod lists are:
05 STi -
Power: EFI Logics Stage 2 short block (with AEBS sleeves), AMS 750R turbo kit (with FMIC and crashbar), Aeromotive 340 FP, EFI Logics fuel setup (including ID1300 top feeds), Mishimoto radiator, Invidia V2 EL header, Cobb CBE, Cobb short shifter, Carbonetics Blade clutch (will be swapped out in June for a Competition Clutch Stage 3) Cobb APv2, tuned by STiMikey@EFI Logics (397 whp, Mustang dyno). Clutch started to slip during tune, so it was scaled down to 397 whp :(
Handling: RCE Tarmac 2 coilovers, Hotchkis front/rear sway bars
Wheels: Volk TE37 18x8.5 (gloss black) with 255/35/18 Dunlop StarSpecs, OZ Allegerita 18x8 (white) with 235/40/18 Dunlop StarSpecs
Interior: Recaro Speed seats, AEM boost, Uego, Oil Pressure, Oil temp, Water temp gauges, Nardi wheel (350 mm Deep Corn, 330 mm Classic), NRG quick disconnect
Exterior: JDM black chrome headlights with S2000 retrofits (courtesy of LightWerkz), Replica V limited front lip and Syms rear spoiler

02 WRX -
Power: VF48, Spearco TMIC, Cobb catted downpipe, 05 STi exhaust, Cobb EBCS, Walbro 255 FP, 07 STi injectors, Exedy Clutch, ACT flywheel, Cobb short shifter, Cobb APv2, tuned by STiMikey@EFI Logics (274 whp, Mustang dyno)
Handling: Summer - Ground Control full coilovers (Eibach springs, Koni shocks), including top mount camber/caster plates front and Group N top hats rear, 05 STi rear sway bar, Kart boy rear end links. Winter setup - oem shocks with Eibach Pro-kit springs
Wheels: Summer - OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 + , 225/40/18 Dunlop Direzza DZ101. Winter - steelies with Dunlop WinterMaxx
Interior: Prodrive UK cluster, Defi Boost and Oil Pressure gauges, AEM Uego wideband, 05 STi interior (starting to see a trend?), seats, carpet, floormats, 04 STi doorcards
Exterior: JDM black chrome headlights with Morimoto D2S retrofits (courtesy of LightWerkz), Replica JDM hood scoop, V2 front lip, side spats/stakes

00 RS -
W.i.p.
Plans call for a 2.0/2.5 hybrid, Blouch 1.5XTR, 05-07 6 speed trans, Ground Control coilovers, some nice wheels/brakes, and more period correct bodywork (ex: a GC8 wing instead of the GDB wing on it now). Also, it has a widebody kit on it, but as you can see from the pics, it needs extensive bodywork.
Interior will be stripped with a rollbar (not cage), Recaro bucket seats, and likely Defi gauges. This will be a minimum 1.5 year project, but I already have a shelf full of parts for it :)

Some sample pics.
05:
I do want to get better pics this year, but for now these are the most recent ones I have:

2492nEP.jpg

6HlBJzP.jpg

hs2XrHm.jpg

Older pics:
From last year's WBM, was parked at the EFI Logics booth:
PgeG7ep.jpg

kMRGbQd.jpg

4yLBS4Q.jpg

2 boxers :)
sYAWw69.jpg

Much smaller Odyssey battery in place now instead of the Autozone special.
dsTUHwh.jpg

White OZs instead of the black Volks:
rf34XEP.jpg

Decisions, decisions:
rnf38Mc.jpg

02:
gXSe1fH.jpg

nhlcdrY.jpg

H63kRKw.jpg

OfWkMG9.jpg

00 2.5RS:
Not much to look at right now, but check back in a year and a half :)
F4o2jko.jpg

mZFaBCO.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=3485]goodknight[/MENTION].

Love your intro. Thanks for sharing.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI! Sick rides! Cant wait to see the WIP once its finished!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
what offset on the volks? I also have those wheels and have stuck with a 235 for a fear of rubbing...do yours rub at all, did you roll fenders?

goodknight

what offset on the volks? I also have those wheels and have stuck with a 235 for a fear of rubbing...do yours rub at all, did you roll fenders?

+50. No rolled fenders, no rubbing, but I'm also not slammed. I have just slightly under 1 finger gap, and I suspect if I went much lower I would have to modify the fenders. I'm more function over form, so I like the height it's at now.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yeah im with you. I think my offset it lower (+40 i think) so i might run into more troubles.

Whats your springrate?

goodknight

Poconos FUSA.

I've ran NJMP Thunderbolt a number of times in my STi. Old, old pic:
LgiLh.jpg

Before my wife and I started our family, I used to do trackdays/race bikes. I've ran just about every bike friendly track on the east coast, minus CMP. I miss bikes and racing a ton, but it was simply too dangerous for me to feel comfortable doing now that I have a family to take care of.

Once my girls are older, I do plan on getting back into it though. But for now, a few HPDEs in the subarus will have to suffice.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Ive been meaning to get up to NJMP. So far i've only done Summit and VIR in the STI.

I hear they used to do VIR-full with bikes but it was too insane/unsafe with the back straight and the climbing esses, so now they only run the north course. Did you do either north or full on a bike?

Im so glad there are people out there that use these cars for what they are meant for. I cant wait to set up the sti and track it. Welcome and great looking cars.

goodknight

Almost exclusively ran north. Did south a few times, and full just once. full was very, very sparsely ran, and it was only for trackdays (no racing). to be honest, not sure why. cost, maybe?

NJMP thunderbolt is a nice track. Not a huge fan of NJMP lightning though. It's fun, but it's definitely more horsepower less technical.

If i had to choose between tbolt and VIR North, hands down VIR. I think i'd also choose Summit Main over tbolt too.

Because of time and money, my hpdes with the scoobies will be limited to njmp and poconos, though i may try to make it out to either watkins glenn or limerock once this year.

goodknight

Im so glad there are people out there that use these cars for what they are meant for. I cant wait to set up the sti and track it. Welcome and great looking cars.

Theyre fun cars for sure. All you need is a car that doesnt leak, tires that aren't rotting, and you're good to go :)

I had a friend in a bone stock newer gen civic si sedan waste me in my STi. Literally, the only "mod" he had was he put on my white OZs that had better tires than his oem all seasons. On the straights, I would murder him, but he'd catch right up in the turns. Definitely a much faster driver than I. It was quite embarrassing.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
im paranoid about my engine, so i havent tracked in a while. I;m a bit of a hypochondriac like that. What a waste too, since i just got a BBK before catching the "omg what if my motor goes" sickness. Just the cost of towing back to dc from VIR alone is probably like a grand, and almost as much to rent a truck and a trailer i'd imagine. Once i get a DD or a built motor I'll be back at it.

You should come down to summit sometime, and I'll meet you out there.

goodknight

im paranoid about my engine, so i havent tracked in a while. I;m a bit of a hypochondriac like that. What a waste too, since i just got a BBK before catching the "omg what if my motor goes" sickness. Just the cost of towing back to dc from VIR alone is probably like a grand, and almost as much to rent a truck and a trailer i'd imagine. Once i get a DD or a built motor I'll be back at it.

You should come down to summit sometime, and I'll meet you out there.

I, unfortunately, know that feeling too much :(

This was from my 2nd day. Back then I was running a stock motor, Blouch 20G, and an Aquamist Meth kit. Went through 7 sessions no problem at all. Last session, i let a buddy take it out without me in it, and I forgot to 1) check the meth level and 2) tell him to keep an eye on the meth gauge. Sure enough, the meth tank went dry, and then my number 4 piston went kaboom. I realize this is 100% owner/operator fault, but it really turned me off of using meth.

0vhtn.jpg

That said, I've done probably 8 days since the motor was built by EFI logics, and I treat every track day as an opportunity to just enjoy my car on a windy road. Not trying to "win" the track day, and I think having that mindset really helps. I hate having any cars near me, so if I see someone coming up on my 6, I let off the gas, point them by, then just continue on my way.

I'll leave the battling to when I'm back on 2 wheels :)

goodknight

Oh and my buddy that owns the black cayman s in my intro post is die hard into tracking now. he started last year, and so far this year, he's been on track over a dozen days (it's only May 1st!!!). I did tell him Summit Main is worth a trip down, so he's looking into getting there. If I don't go down this year, I'll definitely be there next year, someway, shape, or form.

I know he's looking into doing the Porsche school at Barber. Barber is hands down my favorite track. 18 hour drive each way for us, and it's completely worth it. I'll do 1 Barber day over 10 NJMP days.

I'm 2nd in this pic:
9fhzNDX.jpg