Newbie with MY03/04 AUDM wrx sti

ezie

Hello there fellow readers, My name is eziely and I'm all the way from Brunei Darussalam. (South China Sea, Borneo) I just bought a low milage (80k KM roughly 50k miles) MY03/04 Australian spec Subaru Impreza WRX STi (WRB) last June this year. It's my dream car since i was in high school and after two years working i finally had the financial support to buy me this car. This is my first high performance turbo charge car. I use to have a Suzuki Swift GTi before this. This car is my weekend car and are not suitable for my daily driving route due to the massive pot holes to my work place.

About the Australian spec it is a RHD model, No rear wiper, Single Scroll Turbo (IHI VF34 or 35 not quite sure), got immobilizer, Redline is 7500, Tachno is in KM/H (260Km/h is the max speed) I'm not very sure about the internals of this engine (EJ207) some say it have forge piston open deck some says it got cast pistons open deck. Regarding the port some say they are small port with AVCR. I need confirmation on the forge piston any help guys?

It had one previous owner before me which take cares the car very well. Usually maintained it at the local Subaru Dealer. Regularly services with mobil 1 fully synthetic 5w-50 oil at 5k km using only OEM oil filter. Currently the mods on the car:

1] HKS Hi Power Silent TBE
2] Cusco Downpipe
3] zerosport Air Intake Pipe with stock air box (perrin drop in air filter)
4] Blitz Dual sound BOV
5] Tein S tech spring

Things that comes with the car but haven't got the time to install:
1] ID 1000 cc injector (top feed)
2] DW300 fuel pump w/kit
3] TRUST PE Ti R TBE

Right now the car clutch pedal is acting weird, if the car is being driven for long distance after pressing the pedal it won't get back fully, i had to use my toe to get it fully depress. Also i'm having a valve seal leak on the driver side.

Thats all for now. Will post some picture once i got my camera charge. Happy holiday and hope to learn more about subaru from this forum.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome to the site.

Pics are a must.

As for the forged pistons. Version 7 had the forged internals... I think. However, I'm not sure what versions correspond to what years with Australian spec cars but if I had to venture a guess it would be a version 8?

As for the clutch? It could be a number of things from the clutch pressure plate to a return spring or a fluid/ slave cylinder problem.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!

Definitely curious to see pictures of an Australian spec for sure! :tup:

In to learn more about your model as well!

ezie

As promise here are some of the available picture on my iphone.

3a8esuga.jpg

asyzy6yn.jpg

a8u8y6y7.jpg

pe9ave7a.jpg

jaqugery.jpg

zedujema.jpg

a6e4adev.jpg

du9usude.jpg

I forget to add stainless steel header. I'm not sure about this because the previous owner never mention installing the header. Maybe it's it unequal length hearder or not i can't seem to hear the subaru rumble but that's maybe because of mu HKS silent muffler.

Will post some more picture from my camera.

Happy holiday guys it's christmas here tomorrow and a happy new year.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh man thats awesome! Did those stis not come with dccd??

Happy holdays to you too!

Car looks sexy as hell! :tup:

ezie

According to the dealer the DCCD is set on auto only and it doesn't have the toggle switch button until late 2004 early 2005 which comes as standard on the sti.

Thanks for the warm welcome and a happy new year to you.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
According to the dealer the DCCD is set on auto only and it doesn't have the toggle switch button until late 2004 early 2005 which comes as standard on the sti.

Thanks for the warm welcome and a happy new year to you.

Thats very interesting! Can you show us a picture of your trunk? I want to see which intercooler tank your model has.

ezie

Will take picture tomorrow morning. The filler tank is on the right side of the trunk on top of the rear wheel arch.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Will take picture tomorrow morning. The filler tank is on the right side of the trunk on top of the rear wheel arch.

Ok so same as our usdm models. Cant wait for more pictures! :tup:

ezie

The only differance that i can think of with the usdm model are the engine capacity. AUDM, JDM and EDM use the 2.0L ej207 until late 2005/2006 while the USDM received the 2.5L ej257 for the blobeye (ver8). We only received ej257 2.5L on the 2006/07 model hawkeye (ver9)

Also the RPM for AUDM and EDM is the same which is 7250 while the JDM version will rev up to 8000 with no problem. USDM redline is at 7000. Hope this helps.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The only differance that i can think of with the usdm model are the engine capacity. AUDM, JDM and EDM use the 2.0L ej207 until late 2005/2006 while the USDM received the 2.5L ej257 for the blobeye (ver8). We only received ej257 2.5L on the 2006/07 model hawkeye (ver9)

Also the RPM for AUDM and EDM is the same which is 7250 while the JDM version will rev up to 8000 with no problem. USDM redline is at 7000. Hope this helps.

Those japanese bastards always get the best! :lol:

ezie

Yes they do got the best of the best such as forge internal semi close deck with big port for AVCS. With those block you can easily archive 24 psi all day without worrying about the block to explode. Also they have the twinscroll and 100 ron gas. Not to mention the large aftermarket scene that support their sti.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Its hard to see, but that *could* be an EL header.

Is the car tuned?

Sweet ride, welcome!

ezie

Acorrding to the previous owner it was tuned but he couldn't remember what the power and torque the car have.

I will tune the car once i have install the injector and get the valve seal leak fix. Will post the tune update here.

Regarding the hearders will also confirm once i get it service after i fix the leak. Will get better picture next time.