Politics Thread

SirMyztiq

I like Obama. And I will vote for Obama. Of course, living in Texas...my vote doesn't count for much. But at least I will feel good inside that I didn't aid in turning the country over to the most broken group of Republican nominees...ever.

Z1107

I completely agree on over seas duty stations with the exception of South Korea, Japan, and Germany. I think it completely retarded that we invest so much into a navy that is geared towards conventional naval warfare, and air force projects that never see the light of day. We should completely cut funding in the UN and kick them out of New York. I'm a firm believer that Afghanistan is no longer a viable option to continue with, those people will never advance their ideology to contribute to a modern world. Cut all funding to Pakistan, cut economic relations with China significantly until they start giving respect to a country that keeps their economy alive. Oh and invade Mexico.

Z1107

I like Obama. And I will vote for Obama. Of course, living in Texas...my vote doesn't count for much. But at least I will feel good inside that I didn't aid in turning the country over to the most broken group of Republican nominees...ever.

Why?

SirMyztiq

I like what he has done so far. At least tried to solve the lack of health care for the millions of Americans, try to rework how the education system gets its money, tried to jump start the economy with more lasting solutions and the fact that he put someone in charge in order to watch the consumer sector and hopefully prevent another abuse by large banking institutions.

Also, there isn't a single Republican nominee that is any better than Obama. Living in Texas, I know just how stupidly stupid Perry is. And the rest? Might as well nominate Palin.

Z1107

Before I offer a rebuttal to your opinion, remember I'm just entering into friendly debate. 1st, I work for Medicaid and Medicare and those two programs are the single largest reason why healthcare costs so much. 2nd, since the inception of the dept. of education the quality and substance of it has rapidly declined. 3rd, the policies that led to the recession were not inacted by corporations but forced upon them by a democrat congress. 4th, the stimulus has only slowed down growth of the economy, Japan has been in a recession for twenty years, studies show it would have ended by now if they stopped passing stimulus packages, unemployment is not down just the amount of people eligible. The problem isn't corporations, it's the government sticking their nose into places where it doesn't belong. Our founding fathers never intended for the government to be the way it is now. The other problem is the American citizens refusal to take responsibility for their life and the choices they make.

Z1107

New topic. Is it right that the government modified the earned income return for people claiming children? My case: 1. Why should singles or childless couples essentially pay $800 more in taxes to pay for someone else's lifestyle? 2. Since this program is basically targeted for single parent households on government subsidies, why are rewarding immature and irresponsible behavior? And begin...

Z1107

Not a problem, that was the wife of a good friend of mine and she gets very melodramatic about stuff she knows nothing about.

Z1107

Sorry for the personal attacks she made on you, some people don't realize they make their opponents case more valid when they speak as ignorantly as she did.

Z1107

Her husband called me and apologized after he saw what she said. And asked me to extend one to you.