Resonator delete?

thetrick13

Got my invidia Q300 installed and I know it's not the loudest, but it's going to be a while before I can get $$ together for down pipe and BCS and what not for my next things I want.

But has anyone done a resonator on an invidia q300 for 2011 sti sedan?

And if so how does it sound with stock down,

And if you have aftermarket down as well any info would be great?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Resonator should keep things quieter. No resonator should makes things a bit louder, at least more drone, probably.
How much, I dunno and everyone's opinion of loud and quiet is quite relative to their taste.

thetrick13

Thanks for replying yeah I'm really thinking about deleting it just to get a little louder till I get my downpipe it's a tough call,

I can't believe only I have thought of this though there has gotta be someone out there that has done it lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Go for it. If you like loud, then it should be right up your alley.
I had the magnaflow on with no resonator and stock DP. Made it sound louder but I like it that way. Catless DP made it even more so, especially at idle.

DownforceTom

My ladies LGT has no resonator but otherwise stock exhaust, it's louder than stock but still way too quiet. Sort of an apples to oranges comparison but it did make a slight difference.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ive had stock exhaust. Hated the restricted flow.

Ive had invidia n1 race cbe with stock dp. Big difference but that only lasted a year.

(From this point on out, i am catless)
I then went open bellmouth 3" turbo back straightpipe. Loudest ive heard and kept it that way for a year. Got tired of people bitching and officers handing out free tickets.

I now have had since march: 3" open bellmouth downpipe with the cobb cbe.

Wayyyyyyy quiter than straightpipe but its whatever. Gets the job done.

If i ever do it again. Straightpipe all the way! Feels like you have a heavy sack and everyone looks: whether admiring or hating!

:rofl:

Like spamby said: everyone has a different taste when it comes to shit like this! :tup:

thetrick13

Haha true man thanks for the replies I can't wait to go all straight pipe for sure.

I'm just think like hey till I got the money to get all that I should do the resonator delete on my q300 :))) might not be huge difference but the sound might be worth the 75$-100$ job....

Should I just go for it?

Then go catless downpipe?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Have you ever thought about just doing the downpipe, EBCS and tune and forgetting about the muffler? For the change your gonna spend on the muffler, put it towards performance and then save the pennies for the q300 later. Since your gonna up the power anyway?
Just my .02.

thetrick13

Oh sorry man I guess I didn't say it right in the first message.

I just bought a q300 and installed on my sti and bought accessport so I'm all set for when buy down pipe and run stage two maps and BCS and get a pro tune..

That is what I'm saving for is all that,

I'm looking for a temporary little more sound out of my q300 so wondering if a resonator delete will do the job till I can save for the downpipe, BCS and tune...

Or is that not a good idea and just try to hold out?

thetrick13

Sweet and then after the resonator delete, with the cat less down and BCS, pro tune obviously,
Going to end up pretty loud would guess?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sweet and then after the resonator delete, with the cat less down and BCS, pro tune obviously,
Going to end up pretty loud would guess?

Downpipe will be a massive difference! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Used downpipe?

I just rather save and go new I think....

You can find barely used ones for half price. Idk how you feel about that but if i am able to save half for a slightly used dp, then i go for it.

thetrick13

Yeah well for sure if it's a barely used or like new condition would be down to save some money, il check for some on the classifieds thanks for the idea :)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah well for sure if it's a barely used or like new condition would be down to save some money, il check for some on the classifieds thanks for the idea :)

:tup: :subaru: :sti: :tup:

:lol:

Now you can save money from buying used parts and buy even more! :tard: :tup: