Reverse Lock Lowering

I purchased one of those grfxp.com fat shift knobs, I have the subaru short shifter from the factory. I got the knob and it looks awesome, nice finish and fits well in my hand. Not to mention its goddam heavy. The problem is the threading on it causes the knob to sit so low I can't fully screw it on. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems, or any input as how to lower the reverse lock ring. I need to mess with it anyway because it always gets stuck in the 'unlocked' position. Mods please move this thread if it's not in the right place.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I don't have any experience in that. You got pics so I could maybe figure it out?

Yea I'll post pic's later. I'm wondering if there is a way I can adjust the cable for the reverse lock mechanism. I read a post somewhere about a guy who converted his from a reverse lock ring to a bmw style push down kindof thing. apparently it takes two people because someone has to hold the pin under the car while reassembling it haha

If anyone sees anything about anyone doing something like this or any info about the reverse lock mechanism let me know

Stiyle11sedan

If this becomes too difficult to work around I would suggest just threading in a brass cap to the same diameter as your shift knob....you can get them at Home Depot and just have them cut it to size. That way it will still thread all the way in. Just my .02