RIP Dave Mirra - Rest in peace brother

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Police in North Carolina say one of the most celebrated names in X Games, Dave Mirra, has died in North Carolina at the age of 41.

Greenville police confirmed on Thursday night that Mirra’s body had been found earlier in the day. Authorities responded to reports of an apparent suicide and discovered Mirra’s body in a truck.

We will be praying for his family in their time of need, and if you or a loved one are struggling with suicidal thoughts, we encouraged you to seek help through the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by calling 1-800-273-TALK.

God Bless,

igotasti

attachment.php

I hope people give his family the privacy they need during this time.

Dave Mira was awesome on a BMX and this is a true loss to the BMX community since he was a role model for a ton of youth. Since I was in to BMX bike jumping I actually saw him perform a couple times live.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

It's a heartbreaking loss. He left a beautiful wife and two great kids, too. A dedicated father, talented BMX record holder, and a great rally driver. He helped Subaru develop their rallycross program and was just a great person overall. Subaru has lost some great drivers, and Mirra is no exception. However, I think there's an even BIGGER hole in the BMX community with his departure. What a loss.