slotted or drilled

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'd go slotted.

Drilled used to result in a lot of cracking issues. While I think they've been mostly rectified with modern processes and materials, theres no need to risk it.

finallymysti

what grinder said. one of the things about drilled is it takes a lot smaller crack to ruin the rotor opposed to a slotted rotor.

Airpig

I got 30k miles on my c-quence slotted AND drilled. Medium duty ceramic pads. Word of caution is knowing what you'll use them for. Plus I tend to swap pads if I know I'm going to a PDX. May sound retarded but the pads will determine life of the rotor and pads meet the situation is better than cooking pads and rotors when they would have worked better with a swap and an hour of prep. I love the Stoptech combo by the way but my C-quence have a better heat cycle with the crametalic medium hawk pads. Good luck either way.

CCI

Thats what I like to hear 30 K on a set of c-quence slotted AND drilled I just had installed perfesh last week. I do have a weird sound comming from 1. It sounds like Im a kid an put a card in the back spokes on my bike anso its clicking along.
This Drives me nuts Any Ideas ?

ZachTTLM

This will depend on brand you go with as well cheaper brands are not going to hold up as well as a quality part. However with that being said the result you will achieve from the slotted rotors will be more enjoyed for a longer time unless you are looking at using the car in a lot of situations that involve heating them up a lot. Using brake ducts and other cooling methods will definitly help extend the life of the rotors and pads.

I prefer drilled and slotted for use on the track ( circuit ). I've personally used many brands of drilled and slotted including Stoptech, DBA 400 Series, RotorPro all of which I've beaten to hell and back. I've never experienced cracking on the drill marks. Most modern designs feature a feather in drill which will help prevent cracking. If you're daily driving I recommend slotted. If you're tracking the car, drilled and slotted.