Subaru/Toyota hybrid = 2012 Scion FR-S!?!?!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very interesting. Huh. I don't know what to think. Good or Bad?

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
A fucking scion though?? They should of come up with a completely new name.

Z1107

there is still going to be a subaru, toyota is just pushing their model out first because Akido Toyoda the ceo of toyota wants a sporty car in the lineup asap.

R

RealDealTarheel

With these looks, the Scion will turn a lot of heads, and tuners are going to have a ton of fun trying to take Subaru WRX STi parts and bolt them onto their Scion.
Probably fucking not chief. I don't see that happening. They have a boxer engine made by Subaru, that's where the similarities end.

Z1107

I wouldnt hold my breath, remember America tends to get the detuned cars, the scion will probably have the same power worldwide, but Im a little skeptical of the suby.

bugeye_fever

Oh, i don't care much about the toyota/scion version, I'll take the subie version though. I'm sure it won't make 300 and I'm sure it'll weigh a little more. I'm still excited though!

bugeye_fever

From what I understand, and this is strictly speculation, the engine is mounted lower and directly on, if not behind the line of the front axle. Which should make it's weight distrobution phenomenal! But I don't think there'll be a way for awd swap without throwing it way off.

Another AWD Subie coupe would be outstanding though, maybe it'll happen when they re do the wrx and sti in a couple of years. I love my awd but I'm not opposed to something that just spins the rears, especially if it's Subie powered! I believe it was you, Fuji, who said the ultimate handling mod for an sti was to by an s2000! LOL