Subaru WRX STI: Old vs. New

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So what year do you think is the best year out of all the years they have built the STi?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pink?! Pink???? PINK?!?!?????

Only the 04 had cherry blossom red aka pink. 05+ have the red! :angry:

04 > 05-15 :lol:

:rambo:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I'm not a fan of the video. Err it's so boring. BUT to the question....I prefer: 04/05 as a dedicated rally/track car, and 11-15 as a daily driver. I can't tell you how much more comfortable my GV is from the GD's I test drove.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Now that I think about it, it's quite useful how the STi has progressed over the years. Enthusiasts like us have both a bare bones, no non-sense go fast car like the 04/05, and and comfortable daily driver like the 11-14's and even more so 15's(although I can't speak from experience on the latter.). Is it just me that thinks that? Or am I not alone here in praising Subaru for how it's progressed to our benefit?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
All cars have progressed nicely on some level or another. Some more than others. The sti has gone through an array of changes over the past 11 years. I notice more and more people tend to want more luxury and that is what is being given. The negative for this is weight gain. Just like majority of the population as they get older, they get a little heavier! :lol: :tup:

I want to see 04 vs 15 on a track!!!!

I had the chance to drive a good long while with a 06 and 11. Wish I had a chance with the 04 though. But trying to save up enough to pick up a 15/16 possibly in the next couple of months. Both ends of the years have their perks :)