SubieFest 2012 - COACHELLA VALLEY Caravan

Deek

Just a couple more days until SubieFest. Wanted to remind everyone that the caravan leaves at 6:15am *SHARP*. Meeting location is in the description at the top of the Facebook event page. Cruising speed will be 75'ish mph, if someone gets separated from the pack just use what your car has at its disposal to catch up. ;) It's havoc trying to keep everyone in a tight pack, so don't get all stressed out... carefully maneuver and rejoin the pack.

Don't forget to bring plenty of water, I suggest a camelback or something similar to walk around with. They say that they have the F&B situation resolved from last year, but you can never be too careful. Dress warm, blah blah blah. See you pals on Saturday!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
How'd it go?

Deek

How'd it go?

Only 5 cars of the 14 that said they'd go to the caravan showed up. It's all good though because we merged with at least two other caravans in the way... got up to roughly 40-50 Subarus, was pretty fun. My car got a lot of attention in the line, one of the freelance photographers probably spent about 20 mins shooting it. Felt pretty good.

Check out www.hellameaty.com (redirects to the Facebook page), there are a few albums from our caravan and the show there. I'll be posting a video of my buddy's skidpad run one work internet is back up.

The event was better than last year in terms of organization, and the weather want as bad. I think the quality of cars for the most part, at least in the show, was better last year... Don't get me wrong, there were some nice cars in there, but for the most part it looked like a hellaflush competition. :(

The organizers still have a bunch to improve on though. No washing stations was a big one... I felt dirty as hell by the end of the day. The guy on the mic got mixed reviews, most of what I heard was "dude you have a PA system, you don't have to yell into the mic." It was obnoxiously loud if you were in the food lines, that's for sure. The folks that said he did a great job were mainly part off his crew it seemed.

I was bummed that I got turned around when I went to get on the skidpad, it was 310 and they said it was going until 330... Oh well not a biggie. I had all day to get out there and I procrastinated.

Photo albums I was part of...
http://goo.gl/vGudK
http://goo.gl/FU4ly

My buddy on the skid pad... he was one of the few that actually knew what they were doing out there, for the most part people just plowed in circles for their 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
id be one of the idiots plowing around. I have somewhat figured out the quick around a track thing, but have yet to master tail-happy driving!

Thanks for the update!