sways

PlanB

Sways Q's

I was looking at some sways.

I got limited driving experience. With less then 12 hours of combined seat time I bought myself a sti :lol:

So i'm wondering after hitting about 600 Miles, I am comfortable of saying, It's time to upgrade. Starting to notice little bodyroll during turns and whatnot.

After doing some light research. Still looking reading and researching. It seems that the second best mods I could do as of right now and for pretty cheap is Suspension. I'm not really looking at coil overs, Not till I get some track time over during the summer but I'm eyeing RCE Tarmac T2(GA Scooby's suggestion, Thanks)

After reading this thread (http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-susp...58-rambling-thoughts-sways-springs-clint.html) I'm thinking of whiteline 24-26 adjustable up at front and 22-24 adjustable's in back. As maximum suggested as a DD. Yeah costly setup but better then upgrading in few short months right?

As few questions came up.

1. I live on the surface of the moon and within the mini craters, there are mini'er craters. With stiffing up sways How much more bouncy/rougher would it be? I know it's going to a bit more bouncing around, there isn't really much I could do.

2. I also live in a place that snows a lot.. well not this winter(1/8th of a inch so far :mad:) but usually does. Would I need to put this into consideration? I know if I go with stiffer coilovers, I would have to switchback to stock or least soften it up. Would this be same case for sways?

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I did Whiteline 27 mm in the front and 24 mm in the rear. What a huge difference. Get Whiteline endlinks also. I did and all I can say is wow.

ZachTTLM

The sway bar upgrade will stiffen your ride up but it should not affect your winter driving. I agree with JJ on the enlinks as well, this makes for a complete kit and a huge improvement versus the weak/sloppy factory endlinks. Far as Ride, you will notice a lot more response into the turns and it may be a slight more rougher but shouldnt be too noticable. So far, everyone that performs this modification is happy with the decision. I carry Whiteline as well as other brands here at To The Limit Motorsportz, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

ZachTTLM

I would say whiteline sways are great but their endlinks leave something to be desired... Ive snapped several sets personally

Rek, how many of these have you snapped?? Did you let Whiteline know?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I would say whiteline sways are great but their endlinks leave something to be desired... Ive snapped several sets personally. I use the Perrin ones currentally. 25-27mm up front and 22-24 in the rear is always a good starting point. Get the 2 way front adjustable and 3 way adjustable rears.

Reks I think whiteline updated the endlinks. They are different, but I can't remember what they changed.

bugeye_fever

Your on the right track bud. I've talked quite a bit with tic when building up my suspension. They're pretty smart on that stuff. Right now I'm running whiteline front and rear. Front set to 29, rear is the little bar set in the middle. Its all about gaining as much front grip as possible and tailoring the rear to your driving style. I immediatly noticed quicker response from the front end with steering inputs, and overall less roll of course. I'm already on coilovers but I noticed no negative ride attributes.

ZachTTLM

I was going to say, Whiteline are pretty serious about making a good product and have taken care of any issues presented to them very well from the cases that I know of.

PlanB

I have a 24mm rear sway with the gold c whiteline endlinks for the rear..DO NOT SET IT FULL STIFF UNTIL YOU UPGRADE YOUR REAR LAT LINKS... Ive snapped plenty of them because of it during hard driving which lef me to cutting them and filling it then te welding it back together

Thanks...

I might do a complete suspension upgrade at once now since ill eventually do coilovers and none of these will happen till mid spring ish. That leaves me a lot of money saved up.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

ZachTTLM

Very Good advice Bubba! A lot of people look over this stuff because they try to save money and do it in a process, ends up costing more in the long run.