WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

2004STI

I have the option and the means to buy a brand new STi and sell mine to a friend (who will pay me cash that covers the rest of the payment on my 2004 then also give me a good down payment) so the question is should i sell my white 2004 STI with 61-61k miles and buy a satin white pearl 2012 STi limited with 0 miles....... or just boost the **** out of my 04? either way i will be building an engine the way i want, it just depends on if it is a 04 or 2012 model....

give me some pro's and con's of an outside person's point of view on the situation lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
04 is a great year for starters. Second what is he gonna pay you for yours if you don't mind me asking. Mine is paid off and I love the 04 and the new STi. If it was me I would keep the 04 and buy a 12 also. I'm waiting for the BRZ STi.

2004STI

its a she :O lol 18000ish i would keep it but i dont need two cars and i would always be able to just switch out cars for a week if i ever wanted to so its not like i am losing the car lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Have you driven a new STi yet?

DierwulfBL

<unbiased>Keep the 2004, it's more raw the styling is awesome, new car payment will be more (probably) and you'll have that payment for longer (probably)</unbiased>

<biased> Get a 2011, or a 2012 with blacked headlights (that chrome stuff is ugly imo). The interior is less ricey, you get HIDs, all sorts of technology, better suspension setup stock. Best looking STi EVER :tard:. Overall it's an awesome setup even stock. </biased>

I would hate to be in your position, luckily I couldn't find an unmolested 04/05 with mileage around what yours is at and ended up with a brand new one :)

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Not having your current ride paid off would lead me toward keeping that. I was never a big fan of car payments as I have never had one (had to work my way up the car ranks haha). I'm 24 and a lot of my friends are already in crazy debt due to vehicle changes and then they try to look at houses and whatnot. Anyway, I dont know how old you are or what your income is, but I would be sticking with what you have, especially if the goal is more power.

As I re-read that I sound like my dad, my b. On a more direct note I think you HAVE to drive a 12 before this is even a question to be asking.

JD5217

Depends on your future plans.

Is your current car a UK or JDM as they are good to over 450bhp on the standard internals. :)

2004STI

yea im leaning more toward keeping the 04. i like the 2011-2012 interior way better and styling is very close to equal with the 04 for me i like them both a lot.... so hmmm question is payments and all of that crap... i could make the payments but i dont really want to be spending a WHOLE lot more so it just depends if i can work a deal or not.... like i said in the beginning though i wont be losing the 04 it is going to one of my close friends and i would be able to switch out cars for a week if i really wanted