WRX struts or 04 STi struts

Vermont

STI struts are Bilsteins and honestly a set of modified Bilsteins with a nice set of springs are equal to most coil overs. So I would suggest a set of 04 STI struts as you can get them for cheap used, have them sent out for modification (Grinder knows of the company who does it I think), then get a set of RCE blacks, of if your poor like me a set of Tanabe GF210 which are a direct knock off, made in the same factory and even have the same spring rates but cost half as much (if you buy them on a deal you can get a brand new set of 4 for as low as $75 bucks).

The only problem I for see is fitment. I do not know if the STI struts will fit the WRX suspension of the bugeyes. Thus why I suggested the 04 as they would be the closest to your wrx in year and would have the highest probability of fitting. Reks would know best, as he deals with the older GDs far more than me, if they will fit or not.

Unless you are going to be tracking the car often, then a set of coil overs are a waste. The ability to adjust dampening and rebound is awesome but at over a thousand dollars a pop it is just not worth it for a DD application. Thus why I suggest new struts (modified stock STI, or Koni's) and a set of stiffer springs. I have had my Tanabe GF210s on my STI for over 3 years now and they are great, done two track days with them and no complaints of any kind. Like the RCE blacks they are made to work with the stock struts so you don't have to worry about blowing out the struts, and becasue they are progressive springs you get a relatively good ride on the road. I had a set of TEIN Basics on my Civic and loved them, the only problem was they were super fucking stiff and it was a waste as I never tracked the car.

Z1107

I have 04 STi struts on it already but the front drivers side is clunking. I have aftermarket springs, no name on them red in color, on the struts. I'm looking for a set for cheap.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have 04 STi struts on it already but the front drivers side is clunking. I have aftermarket springs, no name on them red in color, on the struts. I'm looking for a set for cheap.

How cheap?