Hello again!

sheldon2005sti

Hello again All! I wanted to introduce myself proper. My lastpost was a please help I didn?t even day hi. How rude? but I was lookingforward to getting my new hella horns in and until I found igotasti.com I didn?t even know about a company that makesbrackets and wiring harness. I have to thank crzturbo for the help! This isgoing to be my Christmas present to be a premium member!
My name is Sheldon I livein New Hampshire but I have to say I?m an import from mass. I came to NH 1998to find peace in the Mountains of white. I found it! I also found the woman I willspend the rest of my life with! We have been married since March 05?. I got hera ring an she got me a 05 STi. Fair enough trade I think. All joking aside sheis my life!
Now I know that my last post was a please help but that wasjust a mod. Now I have a real problem? I am losing oil at an alarming rate. I havehad it on a lift an my mechanic and I can?t find where it seems to be going. Ican only think turbo. Would anyone elsehave better ideas? I?m at a complete loss no leak no black smoke and no oil onthe back end of my car. Also what are the correct boost levels for the accessport stage one and stock? My car has only the AP and cobb SF intake with box. Thanksagain and like I said before this is my knew home for STi fun and help. Youguys/girls are the best I?ve found. Cant wait to meet some people in person!
Sheldon Roy

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome again pal. Glad I could help.

Now onto your new problem.

What oil are you using first? How much oil are you losing let's say in 500 miles?

You should be around 14 to 17 psi on stage 2.

sheldon2005sti

Royal purple is all i have been putting in it for at least a few years. befor that it was mobile one. I would say im loseing about a half to a quart evey time i fill up. but it does seem like more when i am driving agressively. getting about 250 miles befor i get gas dont want to let it get to low. as far as the psi i have seen 15.5 on the stock mode an i seen 18 this past winter with stage 1 on a realy cold day think it was -20.
Thanks for all your help. i want to get a new turbo but not like this... lmao wife says its not in the budget:)

DKDunn04

First thing I would do is try changing oil. I would try Amsoil 10w30. Its a great oil and its a little thicker, so if your getting blowby it might help.

sheldon2005sti

Blowby? what is this you speak of? is this repairable? I have had realy good luck with the oil i run. Im no racer i use this car every day. it does have 160k on it could this be a ware problem?

SleepyBear

i had the same issue in my '05STI as well. Time for a compression check! I had very low compression on cylinder 4 and that caused me to burn a lot of oil. If compression check comes back good then i would do a leak down test. You can try a thicker/better quality oil first and see what that does though. Oh and welcome to the forums, man!

Z1107

Hello and welcome. I used to run the royal purple on mine it's crap, with amsoil I've noticed a huge difference plus its way better for a high mileage ride.

DKDunn04

Blowby is when oil gets past your rings. If you have no leaks and you have been using Royal Purple there is a good chance thats whats happening.

sheldon2005sti

ahhh but i get no smoke an no leak an no oil on my cars bumper. as for the compression check it was done last year. the subaru dealer up here thought i was gettin a missfire from valve addjustment issue. but it was all fine they did the compression test and i didnt have more than a 5% loss. my missfire was injector issue an this cost me almost 2gs to find out with the dealerships up here. realy only should have cost about 200$ . so to say the least i have lost all faith in the subaru mechanics up here. their isnt any chance it could be my turbo. this is what my guy found may be causing the problem. some kind of seal. but i just dont know...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I use nothing but AMSOIL Domanitor for my STi. Best oil ever!

sheldon2005sti

Alright guys ill try this on my next change but its gona have to wait a bit just did one maybe a thousand or so ago. Thanks again hope this is all it is! Fingers crossed

sheldon2005sti

ok now liveing in nh it gets pretty stinking cold. should this be something i should look for when im figuring out the weight of the oil i use. people have told me earlier in the post that i should use 10w30 is this going to cause other problems on start up when its cold? being that the oil they suggest i use is 5w30.
thanks again!

sheldon2005sti

i wish i could keep it inside... i have seen -25 on the dash thermometer on start up in the morning. journal Bearing turbo? could you explain? earlier i asked about over boosting. should i be worried this may be causing problems with the blowby? man i am getting smarter and smarter every day. thought i knew alot till i came here!

sheldon2005sti

Yup def letting her warm up. Now what about the boost.. am I over boosting on stock an stage 1?just don't want to cause any more problems... making a long trip in the morning. I apologize for if me messages aren't in the best grammer. My phone wont let me see what. Typing... thanks again for all the help. In the future would ther be a specific room or forum I would ask questions I may have? I would like to leave the intoduction for new comers!!