System Operator
Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy check these boys out!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Wow that is art on wheels. I guess it was inevitable they would crash at the end. LOL

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I thought you might like that. :)

06STI360

Those cars are JDM as fuuuck!

Sorry I had to do it lol.. but seriously, I watched that with my mouth wide open in pure amazement. Just another sport American's decided to ruin.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I wish I could drive like them boys!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Me to.

I'm kinda getting there but it is that much more difficult in an AWD vehicle. The techniques are similar but not quite the same. I use less of the E break and more of the throttle. I also find I need considerably more power than a rear wheel drive car. I also noticed a great improvement by stiffening up the rear suspension a bit more than the front. Not sure of the dynamics there though.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy that makes sense. They have 2 wheels to break loose and we have 4 so it takes more power right?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Holy that makes sense. They have 2 wheels to break loose and we have 4 so it takes more power right?

Yes. I think it is because the power is distributed to all four wheels and there is less power per wheel to get them to lose adhesion. The key is to get the tire to lose grip. Also since we have power to all four wheels the only way we can get our cars to drift is to employ some extreme over steer tactics. To do this I turn hard and jam the gas. I also stiffened the rear sway bar significantly. In this instance I want my rear to be unstable. The difference between AW drifting and RW drifting, as I have observed, is AW drifting is mostly a higher speed event and RW can drift at most any speed. I guess if I had a WRC e-break set up things would be different.

One cool thing about my car is the coil overs and the adjustable sways. It's easy to set up for different types on motor sports or daily driving.

I'm still experimenting though and don't really know a hill of beans about suspension or why thing work the way they do. I have some understanding but I'm still learning.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You need to post some Holy drifting videos! :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy we should hire these guys! :rofl:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy we need to ask these guys if we can borrow their cars!