Fuel Pump Install

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm going to give my fuel pump install another try.

Is there anything special that needs to be done to help prime the system, bleed the air, etc... ? Last time I tried, the pump went in, made the right sounds, but the car wouldnt start. Swapped the OEM pump back and it worked fine.

Thanks in advance. I'll document the process and turn it into a how-to.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm trying to put the DW200 in a GD.

It's been a month and a half since the last attempt, but I'm not remembering doing anything with o-rings. I'll have a look at the new pump when i get home this afternoon. Should I have been given new o-rings, or is this something that would be transferred from the old pump to the new one?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well Mark and I were doing it together, and we thought we had it right. We would even hear the pump priming, but the car would never start. I was just wondering if there was an intermediate step I missed.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Is the issue that I let Mark get involved?

If so, then I'm fixing the issue this time! :lol:

Bluedemon_II

Ok. The last time that I did a fuel pump install "2 years ago" It was very straight forward. It was with a Walbro 255 but the same thing applies to the dw200. Did all the clamps fit in correctly? You could have a fuel leak in there with the new pump in place. Pics would greatly help the next time that you attempt the install.