Pepsi MAX & Jeff Gordon Present: "Test Drive"

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:rofl:
[video=youtube;Q5mHPo2yDG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q5mHPo2yDG8[/video]

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I'd like to do that at a Subaru dealership with a new STi. Except I'd get arrested, because I'm not Jeff Gordon :rofl:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
What sold me on my car was when I took for the test drive. The salesman had me doing crazy stuff kinda like that. Not extreme like this but nevertheless he had me flogging the car a bit. Lol

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I had an '06 back in the day, for about 5 weeks before I got t-boned and it was totalled. Long story short...
...soon after that incident, I picked up my '04 STi. It was at a dealership, but not a Subaru dealership. The
salesman didn't know jack shit about the car. It was stock at the time, but I still scared the salesman a bit
during the test drive. I remember howling the tires going around a turn, and passing 110mph.

Him: "uhhhh, you might want to take it easy, these are a little powerful you know"
Me: "yeah they're great huh!, I know...I've had one before"
Him: "oh boy"

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hah i had two friends do that once with an Evo MR. Except they overcooked it on one of the turns and understeered directly into a curb and snapped the steering column (?). Anyways, since the salesman's ass was also on the line I think he said the steering went out CAUSING them to hit the curb...something like that.

Moral of the story, only try this if you're Jeff Gordon!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Time for another story about test-drives!

One of my roommate in college was semi-proficient at driving manual, having driven my MINI a few times recently, and his parents beater back when he was in high school. He was never a full-time stick driver though, so his skills were average at best. When the new eclipse came out in 2006, he thought it looked cool and was considering getting the sporty one with the 5- or 6-speed. So we go and chat the saleman up, and all three of us pile into the car and off-we-go. After a few min my roommate was feeling comfortable with the clutch and shifter, and since this was not HIS car, he decided to do a 0-100 pull at the next light onto the freeway. First....redline, shift. Second....redline, shift. Uh, oh first again! And he didnt have fast reflexes to catch it and depress the clutch again before it spooled all the way up. Fortunately, the salesman was not a car guy and did not realize the HUGE mistake that had just been made. My roommate and I looked at eachother, and drove very gingerly back to the dealership and made as speedy a getaway as possible. The end.

TL;DR My friend downshifted instead of upshifting and probably ruined an eclipse. Nobody noticed.

haha this is so hilarious!!! lmao i saw the commercial and totally forgot about the full video, anyways a funny test drive story:

My buddy and his friend know a guy at the local Subaru dealer. They can go in and test drive whatever. So without me knowing I was home, and here they come pulling up with a brand new 2013 WRX hatch. We leave and I ask where steve was, and what do you know another hatch pulls up! They had TWO of them!! no sales person in sight, full tanks of gas, and we had a trip! Brought it back with a quarter tank, and 150+ miles. They were brand new, ha ha ha