GD George's cars (Retired)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow them rides are hott, NOT! I rather drive a EVO or walk than drive them, LMAO. I'll buy you a EVO from eBay.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Okay! Maybe I will come around then... if your buying that is. LOL

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
See I know I could change your mind. Now where is my old EVO trans? I know its here some where.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you find your problem?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yes... The last time I built my motor I had to reconfigure the oil line for the AVCS and Turbo on the passenger side of the engine. I essentially cut it and removed a section of it and i used a hydraulic hose in its place but the clamps I used to hold it in place were inferior and they let go. I re-did it and used the appropriate hoses so all is good now.

This is also a testament to red line oil. I had run my oil pan completely dry during the event and unknowingly drove around with zero oil in the engine. The only thing that made me aware that anything was wrong was the smell of oil at stop lights. I never heard a peep from the motor and unfortunately my oil gauge is broken so that was no help. Now that it is fixed my oil pressure remains great and the motor is silent. I bought a $30 gauge from pepboys to check it.

I need to write them a letter because my motor should be toast right now and it is not.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow you are so lucky. I'm glad you got it all fixed now. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I surmise that I was driving for about 2 miles without any oil... what so ever.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It's about time I had some kind of good luck. I guess the universe if finally throwing me a bone :lol:

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Chuckle...

All I can say is the last time I ran an engine dry was in 1993. It was an old 1978 BMW 518, and going up a very steep pass (not realising I had a serious water leak), I cooked the engine, so much so that oil smoke was coming through the air vents. What an adventure that was... I hated that car.

Take the good luck and run with it - I don't know, buying a lottery ticket would seem like a good option? :D

Yes... The last time I built my motor I had to reconfigure the oil line for the AVCS and Turbo on the passenger side of the engine. I essentially cut it and removed a section of it and i used a hydraulic hose in its place but the clamps I used to hold it in place were inferior and they let go. I re-did it and used the appropriate hoses so all is good now.

This is also a testament to red line oil. I had run my oil pan completely dry during the event and unknowingly drove around with zero oil in the engine. The only thing that made me aware that anything was wrong was the smell of oil at stop lights. I never heard a peep from the motor and unfortunately my oil gauge is broken so that was no help. Now that it is fixed my oil pressure remains great and the motor is silent. I bought a $30 gauge from pepboys to check it.

I need to write them a letter because my motor should be toast right now and it is not.

Yust saw this post! Glad you figgured it out.

You make me feel better for being 2.5 quarts to low. :lol:

toomes

Remember that time we were going to meet up? So glad we didn't. Our cars bad karma would have infected each other. Lololololol

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah I know... I think it would have been like putting matter together with antimatter. They would have annihilated each other and left a crater the size of Wisconsin. There would be just you and me sitting in the middle screaming "Why God WHY!"

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah I know... I think it would have been like putting matter together with antimatter. They would have annihilated each other and left a crater the size of Wisconsin. There would be just you and me sitting in the middle screaming "Why God WHY!"

:rofl: