GD George's cars (Retired)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
This has to remain secret for now by request of the manufacturer... :|

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow I love it. Can wait to hear your feedback.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It will log CAN to the SD card... yes.

Unfortunately I jumped the gun and the guy that built it requested I remove the post for now.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy cows! I was like what the heck? Where did it go? LOL

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I was just informed that it will not log CAN. I realize that to many of the tuners out there that CAN logging is an important feature and hopefully the developer can include that somehow in his design in the future.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
George is this guy who made this on the forum?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
George is this guy who made this on the forum?

Not as of yet. It would be nice if he would. I know Fugi would have hours of fun talking to this guy. I don't know if it would be possible but If I could convince him to join perhaps we can set up a private non public forum for him to comment freely amongst ourselves. He is really only getting half the viable input relying on me alone to comment.

to fully log with can, he'd have to know the protocols. RAWR!

Well the device only logs to an SD card and it is suggested that you can only do K-Line SSM-III logging to the SD card. I really don't understand all the protocol stuff so I really can't comment further.

I'm getting a little aggravated right now because I haven't slept for two days so I need to get to bed.

Good night gents!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nite pal. Hey we could use the elite forum. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hold off on that for the moment. I have to ask if he is willing to discuss this with other people first. He would like to take this slow at first.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Okay since I can't tell you anything about the other thing right now I will show you what I am doing in anticipation of it's install.

I currently have a gauge pod that sits where the original clock pod goes and since I am using the original clock pod to house the display of the new device I have to relocate my gauges.

I saw somewhere on IW that someone is using the location were the climate control knobs are for the gauges and they relocated the climate controls to the glove box. I intend to do exactly the same thing and here is a preview...

IMAG0035.jpg

I mounted the gauges to a piece of lexan and mounted it to the same studs that held the climate controls in place.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
hehe... Not any more. The paint is old and the new block isn't painted, but I don't care... It's a kick ass motor now.:tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
IT'S ALIVE!!!! OH MY GODS IT'S ALIVE!!!!:evil:

It was touch and go there for a moment. I started it up for the first time and there was a misfire in cylinder 2. I took out the coil pack and tested it... it was fine. I checked the injector and it was fine. A little dirty but I cleaned it and put it back in. Then as I was putting in the coil pack I realized I missed the plug and it never engaged. :bang: This time I was careful to see that I actually landed it on the plug. She fire right up and runs like a dream.

The other thing is now that I have 272 cam I was fully expecting the idle to suffer a little but it is no different than the stock cams.

Also I have NO PISTON SLAP!!!! What so ever! :thumbsup:

Time for some beer!:cheers: