Tim's Twin Scroll 06 STI: Parts review, parts ordered and more parts to come

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Even still, I'd have to check with both companies to see if the Killer B pan will fit with the Full Race headers.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Well I'll see what I can do but like I said, $200 to fix my windshield and get the car inspected in TX so they can ship it. $1000 to ship it leaves me with...... not a whole lot lol About $200. I just need to find a gasket for the oil pan and new header to heads and header to uppipe gaskets.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Hell I might even just call Cobb and see how much they'll charge for the install. Figure the cost of shipping it overseas vs paying them to do it.... I meant to give them a call today about a clutch recommendation but had company over.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Tim when do you plan on coming back to the states?

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Your insurance policy doesnt cover cracked windshields? That sucks.

EDIT: just thought about something: waiting to get the windshield fixed until you've got the car there. Why? Good question! JDM windshield. I hear they have thinner windshields that are lighter.
Ya but is it legal in the states?? Windshield replacements I'd have to call about. I just figured since the deductable is $250-500, the glass is maybe 180 so there's no point in claiming. I'll have to check.
Tim when do you plan on coming back to the states?
NEVER!! hoooaaaaahhaahahhaa. Seriously though... not sure. My wifes family and my mom might be coming here for the summer so no need this year :) I have 71 days of leave saved up and 75 is "use it or lose it" come Oct. I'll have 96 by then so I'll HAVE to take at least 21 days or they just vanish. Even still though, I might go to Paris and/or Rome etc as they're only a few hours away :D

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Hmmmm I wonder if it would be over looked. I'll tell you what though, I would LOVE to have the jdm rear windshield with the wiper blade :)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I've been messaging Geoff back and forth for about 2 months now. Last news was that he was extremely back ordered with the EFR series turbos but come March timeframe, the flood gates will open as the shipments pour in for delivery. The guys' at Full Race have been impressed with the results of the car thus far and have offered for a direct comparison of the HTA 3076 1.06a/r to their EFR 7670 1.05a/r. The details are yet to be worked out but the car might be seeing a change :) I'll still keep both turbos until I can decide with logs which is actually better.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Shiiiiiet, if this deal works out, I can wait for another month :)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
So I just got off the phone with my mom and she was looking at the box full of returned parts from Cobb and looking at the invoice when she noticed the Bosch fuel pump wasn't included. She told them to include it. When she emailed them about it, their response was "well the car screams like a bat out of hell with the Walbro so it's fine." WHAT??? That's like a "well we missed that but oh well." This guy she's been dealing with directly this whole time (not gonna throw names out there) said he was on vacation and to email the head guy. She did and has yet to get a response..... Also, the stock pistons weren't in the box so our concern is, were they even replaced? I'm sure they were but seeing the stock parts returned ensures that they were replaced, for the most part anyway. She's going to send me a copy of the invoice so I can go over it to see what exactly was included in the build. My mom said after she finished paying for the car's build and picked the car up, Cobb has been faltering on their customer service like they got their money and se' la vi. Not what I expected to hear about Cobb. =/

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
At this point there's really no point. I mean, they didn't charge us for the part, just didn't include it. Plus it's already home and tuned. The Bosch is a nicer fuel pump and was requested is all. My mom said it looked like everything else was there...the injectors, stock rods, stock cams, and fuel rails. My mom just pretty much said they got her business and once the job was done, that's where all the nice behavior stopped. Like now they don't want anything to do with her. I agree, very strange.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
That is always irritating. For someone who has spent serious dough with them, customer service should be there at the time of sale as well as after!
agreed

That sounds like shit being swept under a rug. I'm currently posting on their forums because of the issue I'm having with tuning via my AP. I'm two shakes of a lambs tail away from buying a hydra with my tax money and selling off the AP. And registering the car in SC or TN never to worry about inspections ever again.
I would have went standalone but I didn't spend the money and the AP has been proven to work on really high hp cars so I'm not bitter on that, just the customer service they have shown my mom =/

Paul.c

Do I need to go down there and start crackin' skulls? I'll use my busted Cobb rear sway bar to do it. I got no ties with them. I'll just go to awd tuning when I need tuned:)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
That's who tuned the car after the turbo kit went in before the built motor. I made 380/364 on their dyno. They said it was tuned @ 24psi but Cobb baselined it saying it was 28!!:-o

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Cobb wrote me an email saying there was a misunderstanding in communication but they are following up on the issue :D

BadlandsRacer

That sounds like shit being swept under a rug. I'm currently posting on their forums because of the issue I'm having with tuning via my AP. I'm two shakes of a lambs tail away from buying a hydra with my tax money and selling off the AP. And registering the car in SC or TN never to worry about inspections ever again.

You can buy me a Hydra!! :D

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
So as I was looking at my Excel spreadsheet wishlist and internet to spend $400 in mods, I came across a hood that my wife REALLY liked. The VIS carbon fiber Tracer hood. I can sell my CWII hood and use a little extra to get this hood. I chopped it to my car. What do yall think?

tracerhood.jpg

I'll be getting the Killer B oil pick up tube ~$170, Bayson R lip ~$70 and probly TIC's Unabombers Sexy Rear End bushing kit ~$100. I could probly get something else that's cheap. Was thinking of the Duracon shift knob.

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
OH YA!! So I got a quote back from a shipping company...they want almost $3000 to get the car here!!! That's insane!! I was planning on that much to get it here AND back. I still need to get ahold of a couple other companies for their quotes but my hopes are falling :(

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Just ordered the TIC bushing kit.