07 sti tire cupping/feathering

smalay

So I have an 07 and took in for tire rotation. Tires have 12000 miles on the and inside of drivers front tire is warn down to almost the secondary rubber. Dude says ur tire is cupping bad. All the other three are fine I said back. Sooo wtf. Also when timingbelt and all preventive maintaince were done with subaru they also did a full alignment. Two months ago. The tire was fine. Now its not. Soo suspension issues? Or bushing? Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How many miles on your STi?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
did you get a printout of the alignment adjustments that were made? red and green graphs. (since they did the alignment it should have been all green now)

smalay

94000 miles on car. The tires not even a year old and the subie print out from alignment are all green and the service manager and I both have same car.. he set me up with his numbers due to the springs we both have. The tien set up sports suspension. .. im baffled. Im thinking strut.. but didnt kno if bushings or something dumb is worn out....

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
I would put a warranty claim into tire manufacturer for defect.. Are the dates on the tires all the same? If not deff put that claim in but do it anyway.. Worst they can do is say no but for one tire they will usually do it.. Other than that check suspension components

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Have them re check the alignment as well maybe something wasnt tightened and it went out of wack while u were driving

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Does it pull?

smalay

Definitely all good info thanks everyone for your info. ! Doesn't pull at all. Drives strait as an arrow if road is good obviously. . Um the tire shop said the would warranty tire and prorate the other three and get me a new set... just hate to deal with all that but cheaper than full new set I guess. .. anyone had any suspension issues on front end leading to tire wear??