08+ Wrx strut to 08+ STi fitment

09subisti

Yesterday I noticed my front left suspension feeling very stiff. I soon came to realize that my strut was seized, but when I jacked the front of my car up, the strut released downward just like the other side. So it isn't seized it's just hanging up on something inside the strut. The control arm moves fine and nothing is blocking it from moving upward. Long story short, I came across KYB excel-G struts for an 08+ Wrx.

(Which are considerably less expensive than the $360 OEM STi strut for my car) since KYB doesn't sell struts for the STi, and I can't find any used OEM struts. I was wondering if anybody has used these on an STi. And what were the results.

I'm sure the valving inside the strut is less aggressive than the STi but is it a considerable difference when I comes to handling and normal daily driving? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Are you sure that a wrx strut will fit on your car due to the different lug patterns? Thats a red flag for me

15 wrx, 05-15 sti = 5x114
04 sti, 02-14 wrx = 5x100
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
[MENTION=4554]09subisti[/MENTION]

No. They don't exactly fit. It has nothing to do with the bolt pattern but rather the strut mounting point at the hub. I believe the STi mount to be beefier and thicker and the WRX one to be thinner. You can go the reverse by making an adapter but not in the way you want to. STi to WRX.

The performance in handling would also be enough to not want to do it.
Give Feal Suspension a call and see what they say. They can rebuild and revalve the STi struts.

09subisti

Thanks guys. Yeah both my front struts were recalled by feal. I called them and they said that I could send the strut in for around $150 to be rebuilt. But I can't be carless for a week due to school and work. So my only option at this point is to by a used STi strut when I find one and just drive extra gentle haha.