2006 wrx 2.5i spark plugs/coil boots

shben

I am currently at 113k an am looking into changing spark plugs an I was told they have coil boots instead I plug wires. Was just interested in what y'all suggest for a good brand and style of plugs and performance could boots.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Allot of people use NGK iridium plugs. I like them and use them almost exclusively. When you replace them please gap them to spec. I never trust that they are pre-gapped.

Also there is no need to upgrade your coils. Use what you have, They are plenty strong for just about anything you can throw at them. Your money would be better spent on other things IMO. :tup:

I didn't know the WRX came with a 2.5i :)

shben

That's just what I was told it was. I will investigate more an let you know. I appreciate the help.

shben

Was doing a lil research an was wondering your opinion one the matter. I've been told even before I bought my wrx that once you start upgrading the engine, (more power and boost) that the tranny isn't string enough an axles aren't string enough. The way I took it is if you go more power you have to start up grading the tranny, axles and such. So I was curious as to what axles y'all would go with. Do you just em get a set of STI axles, do they swap out with now problems??
Thanks Shawn