2011 Sti Interior Issues

STIgurl73

SOOOO!

I love my STi more than any car I have owned, ok its a tie with my 77 Ramcharer.

Anyways I have not had and I don't believe I will have engine issues BUT I have had the following interior issues that were until now just a pain in the ass.

Rear View mirror almost fell off. Something with the glue I'm sure. Fixed it and I'm not happy because now there is ugly glue that you can see on the outside. But its fixed.

Getting my visors replaced because they are made of plastic that has detached itself from the little mirror in there and you can see whats underneath.

Like I said little cosmetic stuff that I knew wasn't by any means luxury just a pain because I am the first owner of a new car.

Now on to the really annoying part. My window switch has gone out. First my right from window wouldn't roll up or down. Now my back left window won't roll up or down and the front one is fine.

Seriously a year and already electical stuff is going out.

OH and I had to have my front brakes replaced at like 10,000 miles.

Has anyone else with a new STi had issues. What kind, what else do I have to look forward to?

Stiyle11sedan

That is insane, I personally would take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix everything on the car. I have never heard of a brand new car having that many electrical issues without it being a complete lemon. I guess I could see the mirror issue but with the rest of the problems you have mentioned it seems that someone didn't do a proper QC on the car and that is just not acceptable. I have a 2011 and have not even seen one issue with the interior besides the fact that the crap ass brushed aluminum scratches really easily. My valentine one cable rubs against it and left it scratched.
Good luck and I would love an update of what the dealer says!!

inferno19d

I have not had a single issue with my 2011 STI and it has almost 53k miles. I absolutely agree with Stiyle11sedan and take it to the dealer and get it all fixed and get everything documented. If you continue to have issues with that car look at the Lemon Clause.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
2 year old thread! :lol: