2011 STI

STIRoyce

I've been looking at the 011 Sti (For A Everyday driver) And I wanted to get your opinion on a couple things.... I have read that the handling of the car off the lot is a little loose? And this can be fixed with shocks and coil overs?
Also I wanted More Hp, What Brand, or size Turbo would you recommend?
Blow off valve or no? and why?
And would I need to "Beef" Up my Engine to do this?
I still want it to be "Street legal" but i want the best performance out of my car. I hope you can help me make a decision..

Last edited by a moderator:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hi,

a lot of the answers to your power questions are sort of lengthy and can be found here:

http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?4702-Engine-Threads-of-Interest

Basically, we'll need lots more info about power goals, how you use your car, etc. You can only get so much power (torque) out of the stock block.

As for suspension...sways and endlinks will help quite a bit. Coilovers are great, but by no means necessary. Bushings are also a source for lots of the OEM slop.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Hey bud. I have an '11 myself. I put about 50 miles a day on it. Based purely off of personal preferences and notations, the more aggressively you make the car move, the more it likes it. I haven't felt it to be too soft in turns, but I go into a hard turn.. well.. hard. Haven't had an issue, not that it couldn't be better with what Grinder said, but it's not that bad. I also don't track the car, though, but you did say daily. :p

Turbo has too many variables to answer in one answer here. Grinder makes a good point on that one. Stock turbo isn't bad and has a lot of room in it to play if you're not looking to go nuts. I know guys who prefer the stock turbo for fast spooling get up and go.

You'll never convince me that a BoV has any purpose on an STi unless you've maxxed out the stock BPV, unless you like rice. heh.

Building the motor is a personal choice, I know plenty of folks who did a good quality intake like the Cobb SF or somesuch, a good quality downpipe/TBE and called it a day with a nice custom tune.

That being said, here's what mine is at currently.

http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?3214-Rob-s-11-Limited-2011-Subaru-STi