2012 STI Next Mod ideas

I wanted to hear what your thoughts would be for next mods for me to increase HP a bit. I am Stage 2 with AEM CAI, Cobb DP, Perrin Turbo Inlet. Currently have OTS stage 2 tune w/ AEM CAI. Want to go get a pro tune soon, but wanted to get a few more things before the tune to make it worth it. I already have sway bars, springs, end links, CF drive shaft, installing gauges now. I was thinking of getting a dw fuel pump, injectors and boost solenoid for the tune. Or should I wait and save more money to start rebuilding block by doing pistons etc.... What are your thoughts?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Youre definitely freeing up more ponies by doing those 3 mods you mentioned. A bigger tmic would also help out as well. Its really all on the tune!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Injectors and pump are definitely not a bad idea for a protune. If you have E85 in your area, that will be the most bang for the buck.
A new TMIC isn't a bad idea either but I don't think is absolutely necessary. The stock TMIC in GR/GV is fairly large and efficient and will suit most needs at stage two well. Wrapping things like the downpipe and turbo will help the intercooler tremendously in being more efficient.
Having money saved for a new engine isn't a bad idea either, not saying it'll blow but it's a crap shoot.
Hell, Saving money for any emergency is always a good plan but that's another subject altogether. :)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Fuel pump and injectors are great. But it seems like picking injectors is a bit of an art. You dont want to just get huge injectors, it seems like you want the smallest ones that will fit your ultimate goal...and then there's picking the brand, which really does seem to matter.

I'd save up for a full build if thats on your list, but you can get pretty darn good power before going that route. You could go bigger turbo, or just upgrade the current turbo with something like a billet wheel.