600HP 10 Second STi - Mopping up on the Street!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
[MENTION=4127]C.J.[/MENTION]

What's your boost pressure at?
At what point are you concerned with the flow of the heads, the physical limitations? Those babies can only take so much air. Speaking of heads, what about lift?

C.J.

@C.J.

What's your boost pressure at?
At what point are you concerned with the flow of the heads, the physical limitations? Those babies can only take so much air. Speaking of heads, what about lift?

I typically log around 31psi but have seen as high as 34psi on the V3, unfortunately my boost gauge is only a 30-0-30 so I can only go off the AP. Heads on these cars are definitely a limiting factor for these engines and it becomes evident just beyond this power level. As far as lifting the heads, it seems that the pre 2007 engines have a higher tolerance against head lift but I have seen pre 2007's lift the heads before on less boost than I am running. Some of that could be timing curve and other things built into the tune creating a higher cylinder pressure though, I regularly monitor my coolant overflow and I guess would not be surprised if one day I started pressurizing my cooling system ha.

Hella good shifting [MENTION=4127]C.J.[/MENTION] it's good to see a couple of freak Subaru's that still exist and put down good numbers on just bolt ons. How many miles are on the car now?