600HP 10 Second STi - Mopping up on the Street!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
He has to be lying! :angry: :banghead:

The tranny I belive, but motor = GTFO! :peelout:

Ask him. I don't have a Facebook account or I would. If thats the guy?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I don't have facebook either.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How about we call him out and see if he replies?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I replied to him on the thread (on FB) asking if the internals were indeed stock.
I'll lyk if/when he answers.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Show him this thread.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good deal.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Quoted from C.J. below

"C.J. Synak - What would you like to know? This car gets called out all the time and I don't mind answering whatever questions you have. I bought it new from the dealership and can honestly say the motor has never been out of the car, it has never been disassembled, it is 100% factory from oil pan to valve covers."

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So is he lying or does he have the single car that will ever withstand such abuse on a stock motor?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
He and the tuner confirm stock internals and that its still running good.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Well, that's that boys and girls. Gonna have to take his word and undeniably say he has that factory freak, the anomaly.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How could this be possible?

Confused......

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wonder if it was a Subaru test car, lol [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION].

C.J.

Hello gentlemen,

I decided to join the forum and join in on the discussion. I am the owner of the car in question...

500+whp factory longblock cars are not common by any means but that isn't because it isn't possible in my opinion and more a result of people not trying it. There are a few tuners out there that have tuned multiple 500+ cars on the factory engines, including my tuner JR. Most people comment on longevity or lack there of but my car has been running 30+ psi on this GT35R for over 2 years and involved in countless races. The car has had an interesting past of trying to accomplish what others could not, it was converted to E85 6 years ago, being one of the first Subarus to do so. It ran 11s on the factory VF39 5 years ago and would see 25-26psi through that turbo on a regular basis, so the natural next step was to run 10s on the factory engine. I never thought it would last for 2+ years but it has and we have continued to turn it up and just last week it trapped 135mph at the 1/4 mile track which is an indication of the power the car makes. When the time comes and the closed deck motor goes into the car I will take pictures of this factory motor.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=4127]C.J.[/MENTION] thanks for joining.

By chance when was the last time you did a compression test. Curious of the numbers.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Thanks for joining. I must say you've accomplished what only others could dream of. With double the factory power, no less, while others are popping the motor right outta the gate.
Gives me hope mine will stay together for another six years. Lol

C.J.

Thanks for joining. I must say you've accomplished what only others could dream of. With double the factory power, no less, while others are popping the motor right outta the gate.
Gives me hope mine will stay together for another six years. Lol

I have been saying it for a long time but it all comes down to a quality of tune. In the early years there were a lot of misconceptions about the abilities of the EJ series, it took a few years for US tuners to learn the quirks and unique behaviors of our engines and to ultimately learn they are very unforgiving. All I can say to anyone who wants to follow or emulate my setup, do your research on parts and most importantly research your tuner. There are only 3 guys in this country who I would let calibrate my ECU, most of these so called "tuners" out there these days are snake oil salesmen.