A 2015 STi and a 2015 BRZ or THIS?!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Toyota Reveals 86 14R60 Limited Edition

Finding its inspiration in the 86 Griffon concept, Toyota has unveiled this extremely limited edition 86 14R60 for Japan. Designated as a 100 unit edition, the car features an aggressive body kit, a new rear wing, center-mounted dual exhaust and 18-inch forged magnesium wheels. The body kit includes a new rear diffuser, carbon-fiber roof, canards, extended fender flares, redesigned side skirts and modified bumpers. The interior is fitted with sport seats, carbon trim and Alcantara steering wheel.

The 86 14R60 receives modest engine upgrades, with an optimized air intake added to the 2.0-liter four-pot, which continues to produce 197 horsepower and 151 lb-ft of torque. However, the car's six-speed manual has been upgraded, and now includes a lightweight flywheel, quick-throw shifter and high-performance clutch. The 86 also gets bigger brakes and a limited slip differential. Each of the 100 units will cost 6,300,000 Yen ($57,830).

433545.jpg

433548.jpg

http://carbuzz.com/news/2014/10/7/Toyota-Reveals-86-14R60-Limited-Edition-7722983/

Pretty cool, but that price tag!
I'll stick with my STi order... oOoo 3 months is far too long lols.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
$57,000+ for a car that puts 149hp to the wheels on the dyno? :lol: Ummm....no thanks. FA20DIT and maybe I'd be interested.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I understand its a cornering monster but cmon now... :doh:

People will buy it because of how limited it is. Either a collector or an investor. :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I understand its a cornering monster but cmon now... :doh:

People will buy it because of how limited it is. Either a collector or an investor. :tup:

I'm sure it does handle quite well, but when you consider that other car companies are having an all out horsepower war, it makes
me wonder why they chose to half-ass the powerplant. It just feels like a ridiculously overpriced Miata. I'm sure some collectors
will be interested due to the small numbers produced, but really....$57,000 for this go-cart makes me laugh.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I know [MENTION=1069]35r[/MENTION] would take one of these over a used gtr. :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
For an extra $19.99, Toyota will throw in a custom badged, dental dam to go with those weak ass dyno numbers. :rofl:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Might as well. Its an extra $20. At 57k+ whats $20?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
At that price, if I wanna go slow and carve up the shopping mall parking lot, I'll buy a Cayman... in yellow, and look fabulous doing it.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
At that price, if I wanna go slow and carve up the shopping mall parking lot, I'll buy a Cayman... in yellow, and look fabulous doing it.

^^^^^
Which is also much quicker and probably handles as well or better than this lawn mower with a Toyota badge on it.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Don't get me wrong, the brz/frs is a fine platform it's just when you market a car as a sports car, especially in this day of 300hp mom mobiles, you'd better have the nuts to back it up. This especially with a premium price tag.
Sub 200hp cars in the realm of "sports cars" just really doesn't make sense in this day.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
They're more of a driver's car than a sports car and the Miata has been the king of the realm for a while.