? about boost target

finallymysti

is 17 psi of boost to much at redline for a stage 2 plus ewg cai sti if you have the proper fueling? and is 10.5 too rich? it is pretty much a track car and runs a mix of about 50/50 93 and 100 octane gas. but tuned on 93. thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong place

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
17 psi seems just fine to me. The AFR is a bit rich. I believe mine is 11.24:1 (new 93 oct. w/ methanol tune), 11.23:1 (previous 93 oct. tune).

I know that many OTS Stage I/II tunes are richer than necessary to add an extra measure of safety for everyone's car. I don't know how low they go, I've had one person tell me 10.9:1. One of my OTS Stage II tunes from back in the day was 11.1:1.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
The specifics of your tune and boost targets should tell you if 17 psi is acceptable at that point.

I don't believe you are taking full benefit of your fuel mix. You could realize better performance if you had a map for the higher octane. Otherwise I feel your just wasting your dollars on the high octane.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There are several reputable shops in the DC area (<3 hrs from philly). IAG, Agile, Andrewtech, TurboXS, MachV. I know they all do tuning, but I cannot speak for their ability.

finallymysti

I was thinking of going to agile, but reputable shops have let me down in the past, so I'm a bit nervous.

Who did the tuning on ur car?

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Have HolyCrapItsFast tune it on here. He's awesome.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Everythings a risk, regardless of what shop or individual, there is always and element of risk.
Talking to the shops would be the best way to gauge how the outcome of their services will be.

And I will second that for Holy.

+1 for Holy. Just had mind done by him and it is night and day from the OTS map I was using. Another +1 for it being free for paying members ($65 for a real world tune + membership compared to a $500 shop tune that may or may not be street friendly) and another +1 for holy having OCD and fixing my fueling because he didnt like some numbers he was seeing.