Been posting around lately, but I'm new here :)

I find myself posting here on these forums the most. Lovin the community so far too :tup:
I currently don't have a subie just yet but I do plan on ordering the new 2015 here in the next 2-3 weeks. Just need to get a few things squared away and at least with the wait time will allow me to save up even more and hopefully find my current car a new home to help pay the down payment and some starting off parts.

If you want to chip in some other part ideas here's my thread
http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php/8309-Part-ideas-15-STi-Expand-my-current-list

I had the pleasure of actually driving a 06 and 11 STi every weekend or so. Best bud ever :) since I would always offer to work on the car. But it's because of him and the STi is now why I'm getting one finally. Way before, I wanted an EVO but after driving an STi, I was just sold. Anywho I was from NorCal but I moved on up to WA about 3 years ago.

2011_07_02_00184_zpsee5f85aa.jpg

2011_07_02_00141_zps19ba5404.jpg

2011_07_02_00152_zps96b11164.jpg

For those wondering, it cleared without a scratch!

See page 2, currently in progress on the hunt for a new 15' STi Limited!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We're excited for you!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well, I suppose this is an official welcome to the site then! :welcome:

Thanks, been doing my research for years and now refreshing up since I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on the order. I can't wait!

Well slowly getting closer to when I'm about to put in the order, but first I'm flyin on back to Cali for a quick trip. But next weekend I'm gonna start getting all the stuff done, get some bank numbers and go to the dealer and order it.

In the mean time, here's a older picture of my current ride from when I was still in Cali
2009_02_25_0511-1_zps6574da7b.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Is that 4 or the 6? How is it for what the car is?

It was the V6 GTS, I also had a 00 GT before too. I quite enjoyed driving it honestly, its a different kind of power lols. I always loved that it was always good staying in control for it being a fwd in heavy rain, I could always rip through the water :D
It's not entirely too old but nearing 150k miles, however its not liking the winters up here much in WA. Car usually hates life around freezing temps, guess it was spoiled in California haha. So it is why I'm in the market to move on finally and pull the trigger on the car that I've been wanting since 09 I think specially having a few years of driving the 06 and the 11 STi's.

Speaking of the 11 STi, buddy finally has it running again. I believe he had the ringland or the spun bearing, all this happened after I left too. It was strange cause it all happened right after a oil servicing from subaru and lost all power driving home. This alone is a long story, cause uh it was like out of commission for about a year, was fine after 6 months but mechanic setup the coolant lines incorrectly... You can imagine after driving like that for awhile something else went wrong xD

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy crap that must have been a nightmare for him!!!! :(

Yea it was, he ended up upgrading the radiator too cause his car started to overheat all the time. So that spewed all over the place even after the upgrade and eventually found the coolant lines crossed to the point it wasn't flowing in the right direction. Car was sent back for internal inspection and this took months zZzZz. Iduno if it was true that the block was sent else where or whatever, maybe it was from a place down in SoCal that built up the block, luckily no damages. Just 2 weeks ago it was all put back together again. Wouldn't start, but it was because the belt was off by abit, that was corrected and it's alive! As of Wednesday this week. He did eventually hit a lean code but he said somethin wasn't locked in correctly(intake?) but no other issues as of yet.

Recall flash was completed today and soon dmv tags renewed. Hopefully soon he can get back on his stage 2!

sacnvz

Welcome! Where in Cali are you visiting? My wife and I are considering moving to Seattle. We were there over labor day weekend and loved it. We also did a college tour of Central WA University with my daughter. It's one of the colleges on her list to check out. We plan to go back in February or March.

Welcome! Where in Cali are you visiting? My wife and I are considering moving to Seattle. We were there over labor day weekend and loved it. We also did a college tour of Central WA University with my daughter. It's one of the colleges on her list to check out. We plan to go back in February or March.

I'm from NorCal here, visiting a friends wedding at Travis AFB. But yea, I totally love it up here, loving the new green scenery lols no more of that golden dead grass land. You must have come when the weather was still great, as long you don't mind the extended winter/rain season as I like to call it. Like 7 months of winter, 5 months of summer. Summers here are absolutely beautiful, though houses here don't come with AC standard! It's rare for us to have hot weather but when it does, it sucks! haha. One of the main reasons why I like it here is because everything is considered close to me, no longer 1 hour trips to get anywhere hah. At least from where I'm at. 30mins or less.

As for Feb/March, I do want to give you a heads up that those two months are prone to possible snow as its usually hovering around below freezing. Even this year, if I recall correctly it even snowed in April, early May! For the past 3 years since I've moved here, snow has appeared in February. As long you don't mine the chill factor, its still a good time. April/May still falls on our rainy months then late May/June is when Summers start very nicely around 70-80's.

What cities/locations have you considered moving to?

sacnvz

I'm from NorCal here, visiting a friends wedding at Travis AFB. But yea, I totally love it up here, loving the new green scenery lols no more of that golden dead grass land. You must have come when the weather was still great, as long you don't mind the extended winter/rain season as I like to call it. Like 7 months of winter, 5 months of summer. Summers here are absolutely beautiful, though houses here don't come with AC standard! It's rare for us to have hot weather but when it does, it sucks! haha. One of the main reasons why I like it here is because everything is considered close to me, no longer 1 hour trips to get anywhere hah. At least from where I'm at. 30mins or less.

As for Feb/March, I do want to give you a heads up that those two months are prone to possible snow as its usually hovering around below freezing. Even this year, if I recall correctly it even snowed in April, early May! For the past 3 years since I've moved here, snow has appeared in February. As long you don't mine the chill factor, its still a good time. April/May still falls on our rainy months then late May/June is when Summers start very nicely around 70-80's.

What cities/locations have you considered moving to?

Oh cool! I have family in that area. Our plan is to visit Seattle during all of the seasons to see how it is. We are also considering moving to SoCal as we already have a house there. I also have a son who is currently in 7th grade so we have some time to decide on what we'd like to do. Once both kids are out of the house so are we! YEEEEE! LOL

Haha smart, get a feel for it up here. Great change in scenery from California. During my visit, I didn't miss how far everything is from each other lol but I did miss that breeze. But I'm back in WA now, quick trip and back to work tomorrow /sigh

Can't wait for the weekend to start getting the errands done and hopefully to get a out the door price to start this pre order! Excited to get the STi in the next couple months.

Been getting price quotes from the dealers this week :)

15' STi Limited (Silver)
Nav + Push Start
weather mats,
interior illumination kit (blue),
STi short throw shifter,
rear bumper appliqu?,
and a cargo tray.
Price is $40,288.

But it wasn't the color that I wanted, but is incoming already to a local dealer. There was another STi incoming with it, in the Galaxy Blue I want but plain no addons bleh! lol

Another Dealer, not incoming but on a preorder price with what I want added on. Best price so far that I was given.

15' STI Limited - Galaxy Blue
Navigation plus keyless access and start
Auto dimming mirror/compass/homelink

Price is $39,330

Any tips or tricks of the trade? I do know this is target price well under the sticker price. This will be my first car bought all by my lonesum lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Are you looking only locally? I would suggest broadening your range if you want the perfect car. If not you have to work with what you have. :lol:

Are you looking only locally? I would suggest broadening your range if you want the perfect car. If not you have to work with what you have. :lol:
Hm? Well if you call talking with 6 Subaru dealers not broad enough lols.
These are actually all within 20miles from me haha. Last quote already under 2k from sticker price.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I drove 200 miles to get my car. Gotta go farther :lol:

Good prices but not what you want. Your sacrifice to make!

I drove 200 miles to get my car. Gotta go farther :lol:

Good prices but not what you want. Your sacrifice to make!

So 39,330 isnt a good price for the 2015 STi Limited with those packages I added on? xD
One city email I already threw in the trash, quoted me $41,298. Then another city with all those options and extras as mentioned at $40,288 which wasn't too bad, and now the ideal package at $39,330. Still waiting on the rest of the offers, but the best offer received is from the city that is known to sell at the best price.

Pushin the search out more, there's only 6 more left. But all still within 1 hour from me :lol: Further than that would be in another state.

WA is like home of the Subaru's

Initial 4 dealers I emailed
$39,330 w/Nav + HomeLink
$40,288 w/Nav + HomeLink, all weather mats, interior illumination kit (blue), STi short throw shifter, rear bumper appliqu?, and a cargo tray.
$41.298 w/Nav
$?? - waiting response

edit- Quote updates from the other 6
First dealer to include all the costs. But 40,621 is still higher than my target price of $39,300's
Internet Price..................$40,621.00
Sales Tax.......................$3655.89
Licensing....................... $108.25
Documentation Fee up to $150.00
Total Price: (Out The Door) $44,535.14
--------------------------------------------
$39481 w/ nav only
----------------------
Incomplete email sent rofl! Had [Name], in the email. Pre made template mainly saying they will price match. No price given.
----------------------
$41,068 w/ Nav + Keyless Access & Start + Auto-dim Mirror w/ Compass/Homelink
----------------------
$42,700 w/Nav = out the door... Going to inquire the break down and tax cause that price doesn't look right.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
44.5!!!! :doh:

You guys and your luxuries! Whats wrong with a base?! :rofl: