Blown Piston Ring :(

icudruln

So my daily blew a piston ring (92 Subaru Legacy L AWD), 5 months after blowing a head gasket. :tdown: I need suggestions for a good daily for snow. If its FWD, I'll probably just throw some snows on it year round, so no biggie. Suggestions for a daily under $1,800?

P.S. Did I scare anyone when they read the title? :lol: **Knock on wood for the STi**

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I was like oh Shit, lol!

icudruln

Lol any ideas/suggestions where to get a block for it. New or used? 2.2L SOHC motor. Local junkyards are being a PITA, and I don't care to go out there and pull a motor in winter.

WRX Swap would probably run around $2,000 used. then I'd need a custom exhaust and all. Already thought about it :lol:

Last edited:

icudruln

It's time to get a Ford Festiva! Jk

:lol: I'm undecided on getting an older Legacy again (same AWD no turbo EJ22), or an Integra LS, and do an LS-Vtec build.

The Leggy is better in snow, but the Teg would be a nicer overall daily, and more fun to drive. Downside to the Teg is I'd want to mod it a bit, but they're easy as hell to work on.

:lol: I'm undecided on getting an older Legacy again (same AWD no turbo EJ22), or an Integra LS, and do an LS-Vtec build.

The Leggy is better in snow, but the Teg would be a nicer overall daily, and more fun to drive. Downside to the Teg is I'd want to mod it a bit, but they're easy as hell to work on.

Why waste any money modding a Teg? Buy it for a DD and run it into the ground while keeping the STI nice.

Any money you think about using to mod the fail wheel drive Teg put into an STI mod fund. :tup: