Brakes, Brakes these damn brakes!!!!

Ok so I had some serious issues with my brakes again this weekend at the track. First I glazed the ceramic pads I had on there (This was a test on ceramic by the way which I will never try again) Then after I changed those pads to a cheap set of semi-metallic pad I wore out the front left and rear left to nothing. The whole right side didn't even looked like it was used. Also my RBF 660 Pro Racing Brake Fluid boiled. I think I have either a bad brake booster or proportioning valve that is malfunctioning. Maybe even sticking calipers. I am now going to rebuild my calipers as the rubber on the pistons is completely gone again for the second time. If I have to replace the brake booster and proportioning valve I was thinking about going with a Chase bays set up. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Also if any vendors can help with the parts I need I would love that

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'd think at this point in the game you need to look at ducting for the brakes.
I'd also say it's probably time to get a BBK.

Sounds like your track is hard on the brakes or you are. Really trying to make the OEM system work might be futile at this point since you keep cooking things.
I believe [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] had these issues prior to his BBK install.

Race only pads and big brakes with ducting to help with the heat.

Well I cant afford that right now, so I guess my track days are done until I can afford a BBK. I will just rebuild the calipers and replace the pads and avoid the track for awhile. Which BBK did you go with @Grinder34 and how are you liking it?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Well I cant afford that right now, so I guess my track days are done until I can afford a BBK. I will just rebuild the calipers and replace the pads and avoid the track for awhile. Which BBK did you go with @Grinder34 and how are you liking it?

No joke, they are expensive.
I think he went with StopTech. Pretty sure he did.

I'd try a brake duct kit to see if you can get anymore out of them. Hell, at least you'll have ducts for the bigger brakes if/when you get them.

Also, Castrol SRF has s much higher wet boiling point, 500*. I consider the wet point more telling than the dry point, given once you've opened the cap, the fluid starts to absorb moisture. Also it gets contaminated with moisture and the old fluid residual once you put it into the system. But damn it's expensive!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
The stock brakes are just ok. You can probably make them work. But everything you do to make your car faster will make life even harder on the brakes.

So there are several things you can do to help the stock brakes out.

In a nutshell: Brake Ducts, Duct Plates, Shims, Fluid

Brake ducts!! I have a set of RooDucts awaiting install. Its a bit of a PITA on the 06/07 due to the windshield washer reservoir. I'm not sure about GR+ install. Then you can get a hub-mounted plate like the Quantum setup to really get the cool air towards the center of the rotor. In addition, you can get titanium shims (Zeckhausen) that, theoretically, help keep the heat from the pads from transferring to the pistons and calipers. Of course you'll want a fancy brake fluid as well.
I dont know if there are fancier rotors that fit the OEM brembos, but a two-piece with nifty internal fins may also help cooling.

But you might be surprised at the math behind a BBK. I wish I still had all the numbers in front of me, but to revitalize my OEM setup I was looking at 1) new seals/boots 2) new race pads 3) new rotors, 4) new brake lines, and probably some other odds and ends I'm forgetting. I think that added up to the better part of a grand!

But you can probably sell your OEM brembos for $400, give or take some. And a new BBK is MSRP of something like $2k, and can probably be had cheaper from a vendor (I know I got a smokin deal). And, IIRC, the long-term ownership costs come down for replacement pads/rotors/etc... since its somewhat "generic" for the BBK and not just your car. And they should last longer. I could be fuzzy on the math.

Anyways, when I did it all out, the BBK was only a few hundred more then the Brembos and was a) better b) cooler (pun intended).

I went with the ST-40 Trophy (totally unnecessary upgrade over the ST-40, but see "b" above). I did a LOT of research on BBKs, and the ST-40 is really the sweet spot, for me, for price and performance. I would've loved to go AP Racing, Alcon, etc... but I couldnt justify that price.

I think one my DBA rotors are done for I will have to spring for a BBK. My favorite track to run is a smaller track in the terms of straight aways i and only can hit 100mph one per lap. This last track i would hit 125, then 90, then 100 all in one lap which too much. The track is being tore down in a few months so i wont have to worry about doing that again. How much do pads run on your new set up

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Street pads ~60
Race pads ~300

That's MSRP. I almost always get a discount somewhere!

Wow that is pretty good. Are you running stock brake booster and master cylinder? I was thinking about doing that Chase Bays set up down the road. Have you seen that before and if so what do you think?