Can I change the diff/ecu/traction control default settings?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
First, mods please move this to the appropriate forum--as I'm really not sure where this should go.

This was in an email to me from a friend (he's a member here, but doesnt post much!):

so every time i start the car i have to turn a knob to put it in sport sharp mode, press the traction control to turn it off and then press it again and hold it to turn off the vcd. then i put the differential in auto(-) mode and then i can drive away
and then I saw sjcurtis mention something similar:
Also I really could do without the stupid SI drive crap!!!!!!!! If the damn thing would just stay in sport sharp I would be fine with it but it fells the need to go back to sport every time you turn the car off, and them you crank it back up and it fells like a different car all together and you have to flip it back into sport sharp :/.

So the question is, on the newer cars can make the car default to sport-sharp, vcd off, etc..?

Vermont

There is a guy over on IWSTI who is/was making a device called the setting saver. I am not sure if he is still making them but I do know I saw one for sale the other day on a 2011 STI being parted out for sale.