Cobb void warranty ?

SkalpelSTi

Question some people tell me the new Cobb will void my warranty. They telling me the Subaru dealer can find out that I was installing the cobb. Is this true ? thanks
2016 STI

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah I'm not so sure about the V3. I know Cobb suggests that they can not tell but I am not convinced. All the dealer has to do is to verify the checksum and there specialized scan tools can see that.

Talk to your dealer before you do get an accessport. Allot of dealers overlook the installation of a Cobb because the OTS maps are far better than stock and they recognize that. Metric Subaru by me has a performance shop and they allow warranty for all kinds of modifications including Cobb

if you blow your engine you can bet that subaru is going to do everything they can to not pay they will dissect your ecu and find out if you have been using tuners. if you want to play your going to have to pay thats just the way it is.

I blew my motor at 9k miles and I had a Cobb OTS map installed and the dealer which was Sewell Subaru here in Dallas fixed it under warranty. It really comes down to how the dealer approaches Subaru with it. I think they want to fix it and get paid to do so by Subaru. Just my two cents. Oh and I dont think they can tell the Accessport was installed as long as you uninstall and reset the ECU.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Just had our 2016 in for its first oil change today. We asked the dealer if we installed a Cobb V3 would it void our warranty. The service advisor said yep, then we said why do the 2016's run so lean on top? He had no comment, lol.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!