cooling for the track and other longevity items.

finallymysti

so I need some help figuring out my cars cooling. I have come up with the radiator choices, but don't know which to choose, the godspeed unit is made and designed by ron davis so i'm leaning towards that one. here are the links http://www.godspeedproject.com/Godspeed-Radiator-Cooling/subaru-wrx-sti-04-07-radiator
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Koyo-VH091672-Aluminum-Racing-Radiator
http://www.mishimoto.com/subaru-wrx-impreza-sti-performance-aluminum-radiator-01-triple.html so now I need to also figure out what oil cooler. i'm thinking the 19 row universal from mishimoto. what do you guys think? i'm also going to be adding hood louvers to help pull some of the hot are out. i'm thinking I should probably get a baffled oil pan and new oil pickup. moroso or killer b? anything I'm missing?

finallymysti

Anything else I'm missing from the equation for engine longevity on track.? Should the oil cooler have a thermostat or not? Is there any kind of high flow pump or thermostat for the cooling system?

finallymysti

I have the saikou michi catch cans. I was looking at amsoil online but didn't seet it in 10w40. I change the oil after each event, is this necessary?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I would change it after each event and make sure it's fresh prior to the next event.
I wouldn't get too hung up on whether it's 5w or 10w as this only means the oil is a certain viscosity at cold temperatures... zero degrees.

finallymysti

What kind of fan setup should I use for optimal cooling. I drive it to and from the track and everynow and then I drive it randomly to so where or for no reason at all

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
T-bolt clamps.
Every time I run across a spring clamp or typical worm gear clamp, I try to replace it with a T-bolt clamp.
They provide more even pressure around the connection and tend not to strip like the worm drives.

STimedic

My set up currently: GMS rad w/ stock fans and 160* t-stat, Moroso catch cans (best you can get hands down), Killer B oil p/u (want to switch to a Moroso p/u and pan) and JDM STi P/S pump/cooler.

I STILL (after two years) have a Mocal oil cooler core and 180* thermostatic sandwich plate sitting around that I need to get -10AN lines and brackets made to install it. A few others who track race in AZ in 115+* temps said they rarely see above 185* oil temps with this same exact set up, plus it'll still allow warming of the oil in colder temps. I need to find the money and time to finish close this out.....but if I had money and time, it still wouldn't be sitting after a couple of years.

finallymysti

every diagnostic is saying its not the heads lifting but i'm kinda thinking it is. it was only 70 out when it started overheating 10 minutes into the session. I just did the 02 wrx water pump, new thermostat and mishimoto xline rad. so oil cooler, vents, and radiator ducting are left then really not much else I can do.

finallymysti

so for oil cooler placement. I'm thinking the fender well so that I'm not preheating and blocking the flow to the radiator. whats your opinions?