could be new turbo time...........:-/

FL4TTURBO

finally got a slice in one of my charge pipes welded by a local guy who happens to be great TIG welder on the cheap. so im amped thinkin great my leak is fixed i can boost big time again, right?

well.....not so much.

let me begin with saying when i changed my plugs a month back and removed some pipes to get to my coils n such i noticed a healthy amount of oil in the pipe coming out of the compressor (stock TD04L turbo) elbow. so you know i cleaned that up brake kleen, slap it back together, blah blah. drive the car and yea it was a noticeable whistle while boost around like 8-12psi (car had been running 18-20psi with a bleeder valve that the UTEC came with for at least a year or so now, no real issues until the last 3 months or so), which i assumed to be the obvious one inch gouge sliced into the pipe (which i had welded last night).

so on the drive home last night, it still does the same thing aroung 8-10psi, very noticeable whistle. im driving and thinking. could it be i need a new IWG? is the turbo going to sh*t itself soon? all these scenarios are playing in my head lol. the car was noticeably rich as hell (nice charcoal-ish bumper back when it was nicer out) i mean no like deep dark clouds under WOT but def sooty as hell when i would wash the car.

so yea, i think the lil TD04 that could is reaching its last days. smh.....just when i wanted to put a stop to the modding.....fix a few things up, sell her to fund my 2011 sti.....

side note: anyone have a fully functioning VF (STi) turbo they might want to let go of for cheap? best bet i have now as i did have a MHI 18G before but sold that to kill some debts over the summer (never swapped on the car and it had no miles, easy money maker).

any input would be appreciated gents,

- PW

FL4TTURBO

still heavent figured out this issue, but im pretty sure its an exhaust leak issue right on the turbo/downpipe. that is, i pray it is smh.