CRZTRBO's STi w/ Custom Rally Inspired Exhaust!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
First I want to thank Adam from Budds Auto Parts & Ryan Moore & Mike Vindler and the team from Moore Performance & Race Parts for hooking up my STi with a one of a kind project. They did some awesome things for my STi, and I couldn't be happier. I will be posting everything that has been done, but lets start with a video of my one of a kind rally inspired exhaust! No one in the world has this! This exhaust sounds so mean and has no rasp to it. The goal was to create an old school rally sound and look. They know that I have a love for the old school rally cars and wanted to reproduce the look and sound of that for me. After 6 weeks of hard work and many hours of R&D the finished project is a master piece. It sounds like nothing on the road. Super deep, low rumble, no rasp, rally looks, and only one word I can describe as AWESOME!

Enjoy the video!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
that does sound nice! How loud is it--annoy your neighbors loud?

Now we need to hear it at WOT.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
that does sound nice! How loud is it--annoy your neighbors loud?

Now we need to hear it at WOT.

To start to describe this exhaust is hard to do. First it's super quiet in the cabin. I can now think as I drive, lol. There is no drone inside the cabin either like other exhausts out on the market, but when you nail it is sounds like no other. The best way to give you a over all picture of how it sounds is to use a lion creeping up on its prey and when it jumps out your dead. :tup: I will get a WOT video up also for you!

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
First post updated with pics!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Interesting and unusual. It's heat wrapped all the way to the muffler? Also, why the twin pipes? I'm trying to think of any advantage, but you're still single turbo right??

If it were on a normal car, the white muffler would get brown/gray so quickly. But since you never drive it, i guess it works! :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Interesting and unusual. It's heat wrapped all the way to the muffler? Also, why the twin pipes? I'm trying to think of any advantage, but you're still single turbo right??

If it were on a normal car, the white muffler would get brown/gray so quickly. But since you never drive it, i guess it works! :D

Read below. This is from the man himself Ryan Moore.

Quote "I asked for some inspiration and JJ sent me a few videos, one of which was Colin McRae rally vid with an old school legacy. That got me thinking and I wanted to reproduce an axleback for the car that would be unique, capture a rally look and would fit the cars image/style better than the run of the mill Invidia axleback. One of the S6-S12 rally axlebacks that came on the WRC Subaru's (passenger side exit) was a dual in, single out muffler. I wanted to use this setup to begin my design for JJ's car. We then had a boxy, dual in center out muffler custom made for this application (a lot of wrc mufflers are very boxy in design), a specific 2-1 merge collector (b/c it's used in reverse) and a number of mandrel bends got the ball rolling. We then mocked up the muffler (slightly angled) and began looking at how the pipes would lay out. From the rear of the car we wanted to be able to see the dual pipes snaking their way up to the muffler from under the car, so that was our focus. The merge was put under the car, parallel to the ground, and pipes built from it to the muffler. The wrap provides heat protection, etc but honestly we did it for looks. The color of the coating (white) was also done for looks. The sound is fantastic! Deep and throaty at lower rpm and less raspy/noisy at higher rpm than the invidia it came with. Love it, hate it, that's how this axleback came to life.......we wanted a more raw, more unique and less refined setup on this car that would cause a stir in the I.G.O.T.A. forums and facebook. I think our ideas has been working so far : )" End Quote!

Over Engineering

Basic Member
JJ, That exhaust sounds even better in person than that video! I am jealous and might have to do a custom 3" setup with that same muffler.

I will talk to Ryan, but I think it would be a good idea to get some pricing together on a special IGOTA package for a full 3" exhaust with that muffler. Although it wouldn't be offered in white ceramic or dual input!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
JJ, That exhaust sounds even better in person than that video! I am jealous and might have to do a custom 3" setup with that same muffler.

I will talk to Ryan, but I think it would be a good idea to get some pricing together on a special IGOTA package for a full 3" exhaust with that muffler. Although it wouldn't be offered in white ceramic or dual input!

Sounds like a plan. Also did you get me a WOT video?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm making a trip to Pennsylvania, if you discover your exhaust missing, it's in good hands!

Lol. I shoot to kill. :peekaboo:

Bang876

That is wicked Cool JJ! I kept clicking replay until my fingers gave out. So jealous by the way:-o

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That is wicked Cool JJ! I kept clicking replay until my fingers gave out. So jealous by the way:-o

Thanks pal. It sounds even better in person.