Custom Steering Columns!!

Undecisive

http://www.landefabrication.com/columninfo.html

Built by a reputable Rally company, These custom steering columns will improve your steering response and give you less "wheel throw" at the track, allowing you to gain a better time. This would work well in conjunction with new steering rack bushings from Whiteline.

These columns are a 1.5 to 1 ratio(Original ratio is 1 to 1), so for every 1 turn of the wheel, your rack is doing 1.5 turns, instead of 3 wheel turns to lock, it's now two.

Prices are $679.99 with a $150 refundable core charge if you send the core back to them.

As of this time (July 2011), they only offer columns for

04-06 STIs
02-06 WRX & 2.5RS
93-01 GC models
All foresters (Product is not listed on site, but is offered through calling)
All Legacys are available by special order

Feel free to contact them about new columns for the 07s and up. As of right now they have no information on the site about the development of these.

bugeye_fever

Thats pretty cool, I need to jump in the rule books and see if thats legal for me. I'd love to have a little quicker steering!

bugeye_fever

I know as far as engine mods go its pretty open. But there are several suspension/ bracing mods that still aren't legal. Anti lift kits and roll center correction kits are pretty popular but aren't SM legal I believe, as is the case with fender cowl braces and X braces. I know at the local level its not really a big deal though. I routinely compete in SM against a gutted/ caged 510.

Undecisive

Well they don't have a class that fits those mods. which is silly. But it's alright though. My car is getting transformed into a time attack build Unlimited class :D