Driver side seat padding issue.

I'm too lazy to take a picture so I'm going to do my best to describe my problem. The padding on my driver seat to the left of my left thigh is fucked up. Its the part that your ass hits getting in and out of the car and I can only assume this is how it got this way. Is everyone's like this? Mine has been like this since I bought the car.

Its not really noticeable when looking at but I can feel the metal frame digging into my thigh due to the lack of padding in the area and its starting to piss me off.

nathan2001

Your talking about the seat bolster that keep your butt from sliding out of the seat. I got 60k on my seat and it looks like they are not as fluffy as they should be. But I'm pretty slim where my butt don't lay on the bolsters all the time to feel the metal edges digging into to your side.

PlanB

I got my car like that. It kinda annoying. But im a smaller guy and don't notice it cept for when im getting out.

It's where the side seat airbags(if were talking about the same thing) I wouldn't advise cutting and throwing more foam in.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

nathan2001

You can prob take the seat out of the car and cut the hog rings and lift the seat foam and cover up put your extra foam in . Then you got to get new hog rings to clamp your seat cover and foam back down. If you google hog rings it will show you what they are.

PlanB

I think the airbags are in the top bolsters where the SRS tag is. :tup:

You might be right.. Why did I think they were also in the lower.. :\

Let me know if you get this solved without aftermarket or replacing the seat. :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What aftermarket seats would you like to install?