El demonio azul " The bluedemon-Everything sounds sexier in Spanish :D"

Bluedemon_II

I bought my sti about 2 years ago. This has been one of the most interesting projects that I have undertaken. It has been a real learning experience and it has shown me my limits in terms of patience . It all started as a daily driver with just a few mods. First it was a simple setup consisting of a turboback exhaust system and a txs uppipe that came with the car. I then slowly added a grounding system, hypervoltage system and green drop in filter. After a while the car felt to slow and I added a cobb accesport V.2 with stage 2 map, boy did it came back to life. After some time I met my future mentor and friend Ray from turbotek. Ray convinced me to go with an open source reflash which he performed and at the time I added an Aem Methanol system to the mod list. The tune went smooth and Ray made a grate job with the car. After some time Maddad came out with their equal length header and a friend suggested that I jumped on the group buy with him. I must say that this header is one of the best looking and performing peaces that i have seen out there. Never had a leak problem or cracks.

A bout a year later the car blew a ringland due to fuel starvation on Slug #4. It seams that a faulty injector plug caused that cylinder to run extremely lean for a fraction of a second and thous cracking the land. The car stood still for a bout 2 months until I figured out what where we going to do with him. At this time I was contemplating getting rid of it and buying some other car. But i must say that this was my dream car and it still is one of my dream cars. We decided to fix the engine, but while it was apart... Why not build it?

Here began the quest to research good parts at grate prices that would hold my max power goals that are about 500whp. Talking to my builder and to Ray I figured the list of parts that I wanted. Here is the list of the things that went into the car at the time and some other random mods done before it took the poop.

Full mod list bellow

Cp pistons Standard size with cp rings
Eagle Esp rods with Arp hardware
Arp Head studs
Cosworth race bearings: Journal and Rods
New oem oil pump
Power enterprises super Kevlar II timing belt
Brian Crower Stage 2 cams [Adv. Dur.: 272/272 Dur. @.050: 222/222 Lift: .400"/.400"(10.16/10.16mm)]
Brian Crower valve springs and Ti retainers
3 angle valve job for the heads and some polishing
Grimspeed phenolic spacers 8mm
SSAC Frount mount intercooler
Coolingmist CMGS Controller for my existing water injection system.
Crucial racing thermostat
Zero sports radiator cap "Removed due to the fact that it was leaking and caused overheating"
Green drop in filter Sold
Txs knock lite Sold
Autometer boost meter "Removed and in storage"
Txs Dual stage boost controller-Replace by a 3 port Solenoid. The ecu is now back in control. And the Bcs is now scrapped in favor of a Hallman Mbcs.
Tial 38mm V-band external gate
Cooling mist high pressure CMGS.
Maddad equal length headers "Wrapped and sealed"
Custom magnaflow Exhaust "Catback"
Helix catless downpipe
Perrin side feed fuel rails
Walbro fuel pump x2
Blitz turbo timer " it doubles as a volt meter"
Spec stage 3 clutch 6 puck cerametalic
Perrin Big maff intake "Going to be sold as soon as the holset sets in"
Aeromotive Injected by pass Fuel pressure regulator.
Carbonfiber exhaust heat shield.

As for suspension and braking mods:

Tein Super Street coil overs + Pillow ball upper mounts
Tein EDFC
Whiteline 22mm rear adjustable sway bar
Turn in concepts Klunk killer bushing kit.
Kartboy Rear subframe lock down bolts.
5 zigen Fn01r-c 18x8.5 40mm offset "or something like that"
New tires: Nexen N3000 255 40 ZR18"
Agency power foged aluminum pitch stop "Snaped In half POS... Stock one back in place while a kart boy one finds its way in"
DBA 5000 series 2 peace brake disk up front
Goodrige SS brake lines with Motul 6.1 brake fluid
Ferodo Ds2500 brake pads.

Bluedemon_II

Picture evidence of part of my items list >:D
SS850704.jpg

SS850712.jpg

SS850725.jpg

SS850734.jpg

SS850663.jpg

SS850731.jpg

Old Meth setup:

SS850089.jpg

That is it for now, I need to take new pics...

Bluedemon_II

Got tired of sitting around with out changing anything on the car and decided to make something... anything to it. I had a small collision and when I say small I mean about 5 mph. The bumper took a hit and the hood clamp beam bend backwards almost reaching my A/C condenser. Since I didn't have the bumper beam the hit traveled to all the components behind the intercooler.

So I had my bumper beam around and decided to cut it to make it fit with my Fmic. Added that its structural integrity has been compromised, it is still safer to have it there than to have nothing at all.

Here are the results. Painted it flat black after sanding it because it was showing rust spotting. I plan to add a 1/8 plate on the area that I cut to add more strength.

So, what do you guys think?

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg