Gas and Oil inside my FMIC!!

So no shit there I was working on "the abortion"!!! for starters I have a massive boost leak coming from the coupler that connects from the Turbo to my FMIC. I attempted replacing it with another one that the angles weren't exact but some what close enough. Well that ended up failing so i put the old one back on. When I removed the piping i had to undo the fuel lines. Once I put everything back together I double checked all the lines pipes and all the general areas where i had worked to make sure everything looked good. Once I attempted to start the car the starter would kick in but the car would not crank. Rek and one of his friends trouble shot the car and nothing. once i went back to get the car towed i removed the front bumper and I was going to undo FMIC so it wouldn't scrape on the flat bed. Once I undid the couplers that attach to the FMIC roughly about a half gallon of gas mixed with oil dumped out of it. Now my question is how in the world did gas and oil get in there???? also now that i have the car home and I have started working on it i removed the entire FMIC and the coupler that attaches from the turbo to the piping was soaked in the same gas oil mixture. I have been talking to Rek and Fuji about this but the more insight that we can get the better we can learn to figure out what in the damn world is going on!!!.

STimedic

Stock shortblock? Have you looked at the turbo? If your boost leak has been around for a bit, it might have blown the turbo. The gas in the oil could be from excessive blow-by from some reason or another (possibly ring land related?) causing contamination of the oil, which blew past the turbo seals into your airflow, hence the oil/gas mixture in your FMIC. Do a compression check, Gino and/or Edwin should be able to help. If it comes back off, check your oil levels and drain it, if it smells like gas.....bingo. If not, then I'm befuddled by how you have gas mixed in with the oil.

Purely speculation, but about the only way I could fathom it being like that.

Gino did a compression church not to long ago so I'm hoping. Itching changed much since I have been babying the crap out of the car. Yesterday instead of putting everything back on and attempting to crank it I said fuck it and began tearing the motor out with Edwin's help. The gas is contaminated along with the coolant. I am just praying that the turbo isn't blown. At this point it is rehabbing this poor 04STI. The previous owners did not deserve to own her. So far it's been an infuriating journey of a constant 6 miles per gallon. Check engine lights up the wazoo and every time we touch the motor all you can see is the hack job that the last 2 jackasses that owned her did.

Shitty. If the coolant is contaminated, I'd say head gaskets are past done.

That is exactly what Edwin was telling me. so definitely made the right choice in starting the rebuild and doing everything the right way rather than trying to maintain the hack job that was previously done. Nothing like seeing RTV holding your dipstick tube together along with 99% of the nuts and bolts rusted so bad that they start rounding out with the slightest bit of pressure.

STimedic

Sounds like a lot of fun................................................I know Edwin and Gino are not enthused.

Edwin's mad scientist Afro goes into full effect the moment he sees the car. And Gino all he can do is shake his head and cry at seeing the horrors that have been done to her. As for me I try to stay calm but most times I feel like breaking shit!